Skip to Content

Certificate and Degree Programs

Program Options

A. Undergraduate Certificate Programs

The Certificate in Business Administration, the Certificate in Addiction Studies, the Certificate in Nonprofit Management, and the Certificate in Urban Missions are granted to students who successfully complete 10 courses (30 credit hours) in an area of specialization. This is option is usually chosen by students with less than two years of previous college experience.

While students may earn a Certificate in Addiction Studies by completing 30 hours of study with City Vision University, certification in the field is granted by the various bodies that administer that credential in the various states.  In most cases, obtaining a Certificate in Addiction Studies generally means that the student has fulfilled the required educational hours required by these bodies.  See how the courses line up with the Twelve Core Functions

Visit this page to see the Gainful Employment disclosures for these programs.

B.  Undergraduate Degree Program

City Vision University offers five undergraduate degree programs: Associate of Science in Business Administration; Bachelor of Arts in Missions with an urban ministry emphasis; Bachelor of Science in Business Administration; Bachelor of Science in Nonprofit Management and a Bachelor of Science in Addiction Studies. The degrees require 120 credits and are equivalent to 4-year academic degrees awarded by accredited residential colleges in the United States.

To earn a degree, students must have completed our general studies requirements - either through courses transferred from accredited colleges or universities, or through our own general studies courses.

Up to 30 hours of transfer credit may be earned through credit by examination. A maximum of 90 credit hours may be transferred from outside institutions; students are required to take at least 30 credit hours - the equivalent of the senior year - from City Vision University to complete their degree.  Those who already have a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university can usually earn a second degree by taking 30 credit hours in one of the areas of specialization.

C. Master's Degree in Technology and Ministry

The vision of the MTM program is to equip Christians who have worked in the fields of science or technology to use their skills in ministry and business to transform the world.  The program is 36 credits in length, and is fully described here.

To be admitted in the MTM program, you must either have an bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math-related field or have an unrelated bachelor's degree with at least one year's work or volunteer experience in a position that significantly involves science, technology, engineering or math. Admissions is year round, and students can begin at the start at the beginning of any course term.

D. Certificate in Technology and Ministry

Individuals that do not wish to complete the full 36 credits required for a Master's degree can opt for a certificate in Technology and Ministry. The tuition and program is the same except that students are only required to take 18 hours to complete a certificate, and they can chose any MTM courses rather than having required courses.

E.  Enrollment In Individual Courses

City Vision University courses are open to anyone who wishes to enroll. Before a student enrolls, however, he or she should keep in mind that the courses are presented at the college level. If the student wishes to pursue a certificate or degree with City Vision University after taking individual courses, all credits earned will be applied to that program.

Learn More About the Degree Programs

Business Administration

The program focuses on preparing students for mid-level management positions in either the business or nonprofit sector. In addition, students that choose a Technology/Social Entrepreneurship or General Management emphasis will be well equipped to start their own business.

Addiction Studies

This program generally fulfills the formal education requirements of addiction counselor certification. Check with your state certifying body to learn what additional requirements must be met to become a Certified Addiction Counselor. The addiction courses also can be taken for continuing education credits for those already holding certification. City Vision University is an Approved Academic Education Provider by NAADAC, the association for professional addiction counselors.

Nonprofit Management

This program prepares students to manage the business affairs of non-profit corporations, including foundations, educational institutions, associations, and other such organizations. It includes instruction in business management, principles of accounting and financial management, fund raising, human resources management, and social services outreach, and taxation and law as applied to non-profit organizations.  Completing two of these courses provides CFRE applicants with the 80 hours of required education for initial certification. One City Vision University course fulfills the 45 hours of continuing education for renewal of the CFRE, which is required every three years.

Urban Missions

This program focuses on the theory and practice of Christian ministry with a special focus on urban missions. It includes instruction in theology, evangelism/discipleship, and social services outreach.

Minors and Double Majors    

To earn a bachelor's degree with City Vision University, 120 total semester credit hours are required.  At least 30 hours must come from City Vision University course and up to 90 may come from transfer credit.

A minor may be earned by taking at least 15 credit hours from one of the degree programs that are not a part of a student's primary major.  These must be courses that are unique to that program and cannot include those that are also a part of the student's primary major program.

A second major may be earned by taking an additional 30 hours from one of the degree programs apart from the student's primary major.


City Vision University is accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission and is an affiliate member of the Association for Biblical Higher Education. DEAC is recognized by both the U.S. Department of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).