- Help: email@example.com
City Vision College Enrollment Procedure
Enrolling in City Vision College
Before registering for a City Vision College course, you must formally become a student. Enrollment is open year round. There are several steps to follow, so you must begin at least one month prior to the beginning of the term in which you plan to begin your studies. If you plan to use federal student aid or another form of financial assistance, we encourage you to start even earlier.
Please read the following steps carefully and complete each of them in order. If you need assistance, contact Student Services at (816) 960-2008.
Step One: Complete the Enrollment Form Online
If you are enrolling in the graduate program, click here to fill out the enrollment form and pay the $50 application fee.
- To enroll in City Vision College you must prove that you are a high school graduate by presenting official transcripts from a college/university or high school, or a GED certificate. These must be mailed to the college directly from the institutions. Faxes or photocopies will not be accepted. You are responsible to inform the college if your transcripts will be sent with your maiden name on them instead of your current last name. Transcripts should be mailed to:
Office of the Registrar
City Vision College
3101 Troost Ave. Suite 200
Kansas City MO 64109-1845
If you are pursuing a degree an official transcript evaluation will be done to determine the number of transfer credits that will be granted for previous college work. Transfer credits will be awarded only if they are from institutions of higher learning that are accredited by an agency which is recognized by the United States Secretary of Education. Non-U.S. institutions must have an accepted foreign equivalent at an institution listed in the International Handbook of Universities.
You will need to e-mail a copy of a government-issued photo ID to firstname.lastname@example.org before you may register for courses. Students may either scan in their ID or take a photo of it with a digital camera or smartphone.
Additional Requirements for Master's program. 2 References - request at least two references from people who know you well enough to provide the information requested, include at least one work related reference and one character reference. Note: Would be helpful to obtain references from people who have observed you in your ministry and/or business setting. (Download Reference Request Form.)
Personal Learning Community (PLC) Agreements: Send PLC Agreement and Evaluation to 3-5 individuals. Your PLC is a strategic choice, providing you with fellow "travelers" who have a personal and/or professional interest in sharing your learning, i.e. how your perspective is changing and how that is impacting your life and work. For that reason, co-workers, pastors and/or spouses may be good candidates. You will be asking them to read your assignments and to hold you accountable for successfully completing your degree. This group will also provide BGU with periodic evaluations on your progress. (Download PLC Agreement and Evaluation)
Before applying for enrollment, please review the Standards of Admission.
Step Two: Financial Aid/Federal Loans
City Vision College offers several types of financial assistance to help students pay for their studies. Visit the Financial Aid/Federal Loans Section to learn more about grants, loans, scholarships and internships.
Step Three: Registering For Courses
You may use our online registration system to sign up for courses once you have submitted your enrollment form. Once we have received payment for the courses, you will be added to the online classroom for them.
Special Situations: Those receiving reduced tuition through scholarships, internships or working with an AGRM mission or other partnering organization must contact the college office to receive discount codes for use when registering for courses.
Step Four: New Student Orientation
All new students must complete the New Student Orientation before beginning work on their first course.
- Enrollment in City Vision College is open year round. The Academic Calendar consists of five eight-week terms beginning in January, March, June, August and October. New students should begin the enrollment process at least one month before the beginning of the class in which they wish to participate.
- Course registration does not include textbooks. These must be ordered separately from our online bookstore or another source such as Amazon.com or a local bookstore.
- To take City Vision College courses, students must have their own personal e-mail address that is used only by themselves. Free web-based e-mail accounts can be obtained with Gmail , Yahoo, or Hotmail.
- City Vision College courses are accelerated semester classes that cover 16 weeks of course work in just eight. Therefore, participating in two courses simultaneously is that equivalent of full-time enrollment in a traditional college. Plan to spend about 17-20 hours a week per course on your course work.
- Newly enrolled students must begin course work within six months of acceptance.
Taking Individual Courses
Students may enroll in City Vision College and take a courses at any time by following the procedures outlined above and paying the applicable fees. The courses are available for professional development and personal enrichment. It is not necessary to be a part of either a certificate or degree completion program.
City Vision College is an Approved Education Provider for CFRE International and NAADAC, the association for addiction professionals. Our courses can be used to fulfill the requirements for initial certification and for continuing education purposes.
.We encourage you to print this page for future reference. You can find additional consumer information here.
While City Vision College is nationally accredited by the Distance Education and Training Council and is recognized by the United States Department of Education we cannot guarantee credit transferability to any given school as transfer of academic credit is determined by the receiving institution