Course 310 - Intermediate Fund Raising (CFRE)
Course 310 - Intermediate Fund Raising (3 credits) (Prerequisite: Fund Raising Basics)
Explores the various approaches to effectively communicating an organization's message to potential clients, staff, community, churches, and donors. Topics include; designing and writing publications, such as newsletters and brochures, and using various types of media - Internet, TV, radio, newspapers, magazines, and video to promote urban ministy.
This course counts toward credit as a Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE Certification).
Professor: John B. Savage
Learning Objectives for this Course
- Introduction to Course 310.
- Get acquainted with fellow students and the instructor.
- To look at the relationship of the nonprofit parachurch ministries to the Church, with an emphasis on obtaining volunteer involvement and financial support.
- To introduce the student to the essentials of planning for the development effort; including the process, the necessary documents, and the roles of the various individuals who will be involved.
- To help the student understand the role of the professional development consultant in the nonprofit ministries's fund raising efforts.
- To introduce the student to the issues related to faith and fund raising.
- To look into the various ways a ministry can approach the business community for support.
- To look at the importance of the monthly giving program and how to use it most effectively.
- To introduce the student to strategies for analyzing donor information and how to use it.
- To take brief look at some of the pitfall of fundraising.
- To introduce the student to some strategies for using special events to generate income and acquire new donors.
- To focus, particularly, on the essential principles of conducting a successful fund raising banquet.
- To share various elements of an effective nonprofit ministries newsletter
- To begin exploring the various avenues for marketing the ministry.
- To introduce the student to the important roles of the board of directors and the Executive Director in the fund raising process.
- To introduce the student to some principles of donor demographics, computerized records, and cultivation strategies.
- To introduce the student to the various ways a ministry may market itself.
- To help the student understand the basic principles of media relations and radio fund raising.
- To examine some of the principles of fund raising via the Internet.
- To take an extended look at the principles of major gift and foundation fund raising.
- To introduce the student to the importance of research in the development process.
- To give the student the opportunity to look back on the subject matter of this course and consider the principles and insights that were gained.
- To evaluate the student's comprehension of the course materials through a comprehensive final examination
Course Materials & Tuition
|Achieving Excellence in Fund Raising $45.00|
- Contact us for more information.
Before paying for the course using the "Add to Cart" process you must be an enrolled student with City Vision College and have read the "Cancellations and Settlements" form. For Admission and Enrollment procedures please visit our "Enroll Now" page.