Host a City Vision College Intern at Your Ministry
City Vision College Helps You Recruit and Train Interns
City Vision Internships is a program of the Christian nonprofit parachurch organization, TechMission. In the past 10 years, we have placed over 500 full-time interns and 68,000+ volunteers in hundreds of Christian ministries through our ChristianVolunteering.org Website and our TechMission Corps. We recently chose to end our 9-year partnership with AmeriCorps (called TechMission Corps) due to increased government constraints on faith-based organizations. We developed City Vision Internships based on the AmeriCorps model, but without AmeriCorps funds to increase our ability to innovate and expand to serve more organizations.The Internship Program provides full-time staff interns to urban ministries for up to one year. We provide:
- Recruiting of hundreds of intern applicants through our national recruiting efforts
- Free online college courses for interns to assist in their training
- Training of internship site directors in intern program structure
Internship Ministry Site Provides:
- Room and Board to Intern (or equivalent volunteer stipend as cash)
- $700 fee for summer interns and $3,500 for one-year interns. The one year intern fee is is paid at $700 increments on August 15, October 15, January 15, March 15 and May 15 for a total of $3,500/year. If an intern does not complete the full year, then the site only pays the fee up to the time they completed.
- If site is seeking candidates with a Bachelor's degree, sites will also pay small volunteer intern stipend of $200-$1,200/month for interns that have completed their Bachelors degree. Sites may pay other candidates a small volunteer stipend at the site's discression.
- Supervised involvement in Ministry
- Secondary Recruitment of Interns
Site Application Requirements
Must be a 501(c)(3) nonprofit (USA) or registered charity (Canada)
Must be Christian organization
Program must be located in the US or Canada
Organization must employ at least one full-time staff member who could supervise a City Vision intern
Your site must be able to provide the $3,500/year (or $700/summer) program support fee for each intern you receive, and free room and board for an intern (or up to $500/month equivalent for living expenses),
If interviewing candidates with a Bachelor's degree, site must be willing to pay an additional volunteer stipend of $200-$1,200 per month (amount selected by site).
Steps to Partnering
- Site fills out online application form.
- TechMission reviews application and contacts sites selected to be an internship site.
- If selected, site signs Memorandum of Understanding with TechMission (download the MOU form as a MS Word file).
- Site director completes City Vision's site director online training
- Start interviewing candidates through our recruitment Web portal using the login we provide. Site recruits locally for position (City Vision College will recruit nationally)
Once you decide which candidate you want, E-mail TechMission and make an offer to the candidate.
Both Your organization and the Intern signs the intern contract.
- Site pays City Vision College $700 once an intern is placed on site. Site continues to pay at $700 increments on August 15, October 15, January 15, March 15 and May 15 for a total of $3,500/year. If an intern does not complete the full year, then the site only pays the fee up to the time intern left.
- Interns complete City Vision Internship online training. Interns take free online courses through City Vision College while in ministry.
Send questions to email@example.com.
If sponsoring an international intern, the organization is responsible for filing for the H3 training visa on behalf of the intern with assistance from the college. (See PDF for instructions)