- Help: firstname.lastname@example.org
City Vision College Standards of Admission
Prospective City Vision College students must meet the following standards:
- High school graduate who is at least 18 years old. Students must present a high school transcript or diploma, GED certificate, or a transcript of previously completed college work, to verify high school graduation.
- Able to complete college-level course work. This will be reflected in transcripts of prior academic experiences.
- For graduates of residential recovery programs we recomend having at least one year of successful independent living away from the mission before applying for enrollment in City Vision College.
- If the applicant has a background of substance abuse, a minimum of one year of sobriety is reccomended before joining the college
City Vision College courses are delivered totally over the Internet. However, students will need to access the actual operations of an urban mission or other nonprofit organization in order to complete research projects and other assignments. In most cases, if the student is involved in a career with a nonprofit, the organization her or she is already involved will be sufficient.
For those who are not currently involved with an urban ministry, full-time internships with paid tuition are available. If you are not interested in an internship, check with the City Vision College office for assistance in finding appropriate sites where you live.