Code of Conduct for Education Loans
City Vision University is committed to the highest ethical standards in all regards, including the equitable provision of financial aid to students. Therefore, City Vision has adopted the following Code of Conduct for financial aid.
The university, or its agents, are prohibited from:
- entering into revenue-sharing arrangements with any lender;
- receiving gifts from a lender, a guarantor, or a loan servicer;
- contracting arrangement providing financial benefit from any lender or affiliate of a lender;
- directing borrowers to particular lenders, or refusing or delaying loan certifications;
- receiving offers of funds for private loans;
- obtaining call center or financial aid office staffing assistance from lenders;
- and receiving advisory board compensation from lenders.
These provisions are intended to prevent any conflict of interest between agents of City Vision University and lenders with respect to FFELP (Title IV) or private education loans. All agents with responsibility for loans will be informed annually of the provisions of this Code.
This Code has been adopted in accordance with the federal government regulations HEOA Sec. 493(a)(1) and HEOA Sec. 493(c) amended HEA Sec. 487 (20 U.S.C. 1094).