- Contact: mtm [at] cityvision [dot] edu
- Call with Skype
Course 510: Case Studies of Technology in the Church
Professor: Andrew Sears
This course will look at the history and case studies of how technology has been used in the church and will help students to:
- Evaluate and critique how technology has influenced history to be able to develop strategies for how Christians can effectively respond.
- Categorize historical examples and case studies of how technology that has helped spread the gospel and promote ministry and apply lessons learned from those categories.
- Evaluate the strategies of technology ministries from their history and case studies to create an effective strategy to create and grow a technology ministry.
- Summarize the big picture and historical arc of how God has used technology in building the Kingdom of God and relate that to their own calling in technology and ministry.
Reapsome, Jim and Hirst, Jon. Innovation in mission : insights into practical innovations creating kingdom impact. Tyrone, GA: Authentic Pub, 2007. ISBN: 978-1932805765
|Hanks, Geoffrey. 60 great founders. Fearn: Christian Focus, 1995. ISBN: 978-1857921403||$14.20|
Toffler, Alvin. The third wave. New York: Bantam Books, 1984. ISBN: 978-0553246988
Liardon, Roberts. God's generals II : the roaring reformers. New Kensington, PA: Whitaker House, 2003. ISBN: 0883689456
|Miller, M. Rex. The Millennium Matrix: Reclaiming the Past, Reframing the Future of the Church. 1st ed. Jossey-Bass, 2004. 304 pages. ISBN: 978-0787962678||$21.27|
|Total Cost of Course, including Books (at Full Price)||$972.34|