Professor Vita: Zara Sette-Roach
Dr. Zara Sette-Roach, J.D., Professor, Course BUS201: Principles of Marketing
Zcsdesign, L.L.C., Lake Worth, FL
Statement of Teaching Philosophy
Teaching online education today plays a role in the personal and professional lives of the student. The student now has the convenience and flexibility to realize personal goals of a degree that was not obtainable in the traditional classroom due to the time constraints between work and family. I teach in the online format which consists of the collaborative approach where students work with each other and the instructor through discussion boards, virtual classrooms, and online chat, in an asynchronous teaching environment. Real world experience and the classroom blend together in the online environment. Students share their work related experiences and apply them to the textbook. As an instructor I bring the real world of working into the classroom and apply the textbook to an understanding of the world the students live and work in. My past students have stated that the classroom environment has applied to their lives and they have gained knowledge they can use everyday.
Quinnipiac College, School of Law, Hamden, CT
Juris Doctorate December 1997
University of New York at Stony Brook, Stony Brook, NY
Master’s of Professional Studies: Labor / Management & Environmental Studies May 1995
State University of New York at Potsdam, Potsdam, NY
Bachelor of Arts: Industrial Labor Relations and Primary Education
Minor: Music Business May 1994
New York State Advanced Certificate
Labor Management Studies May 1995
Texas State Bar Association, Licensed 1999
Southern District Court of Texas, Federal Court, Licensed 2000
Georgia State Bar Association, Licensed 2002
Travel Agent, IATA, 2006
New York State Certified Teacher 1995
Articles and Publications
Sette, Z., Swanson, A, & Carlton, L. S. (2007). Air Transportation Labor Relations. Pearson Custom Publishing.
Sette, Z., Swanson, A, & Carlton, L. S. (2008). Advanced Air Transportation Labor Relations. Pearson Custom Publishing.
Security in the Online Teaching Environment, LERN newsletter May 2007, authors Swanson, Sette & Babbi
Course Design and Teaching Experience
Part-time Online Faculty September 1998 to present
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University,
- Teaching graduate and undergraduate distance learning courses.
- Courses at these and other universities taught on a rotational basis.
Pearson Learning Solutions January 2007 to present
- Design online course for a variety of learning platforms for universities.
- Write textbooks and manuals
- Consult on projects
Owner January 2007 to present
Zcsdesign, L.L.C., Lake Worth, FL (www.zcsdesign.com)
- Design both on-ground and online course for a variety of learning platforms.
- Teach designed courses for a variety of schools.
- Write and publish articles, PowerPoints, and textbooks.
Associate March 2007 to present
A.C. Swanson & Associates, Highlands Ranch, CO (www.acswanson.com)
- Create learning solutions for small businesses, colleges, universities, and publishers.
- Conducted curriculum review.
- Mapped learning objectives to curriculum.
- Designed both on-ground and online course for a variety of learning platforms.
Professional Legal Experience
Attorney March 2003 to present
The Law Offices of Dario Bargas, Houston & Corpus Christi, TX
Attorney for family law and a personal injury firm.
- Work on a consulting basis.
- Focus primarily on family law cases which included divorce and modification of child custody and child support issues.
- Conducted and defended tax cases.
Attorney March 2000 to March 2003
The Law Office of William Keas, Jr., Corpus Christi, TX
Attorney for an insurance defense and family law firm.
- Litigated trials, which included hearings, friendly suits, subrogation cases, motions, depositions of parties and experts, and mediation.
- Conducted client interviews, legal research, discovery, preparing evidentiary exhibits, drafting and filing briefs on questions of law.
- Several subrogation cases have included lawsuits for water heater damage and fire loss due to various ignition sources. Others have been against Ford Motor Company for allegedly defective automobiles, primarily ignition/speed activation control switch cases.
- Family law cases have included divorce and modification of child custody and child support issues.
Attorney August 1999 to January 2000
The Law Office of Ruth Reid., Corpus Christi, TX
Attorney for a family law and bankruptcy firm.
- Performed divorce and modifications of child custody and child support which included trials, hearings, motions, depositions of parties and experts, and mediation.
- Prepared and filed bankruptcy proceedings conducted client interviews
Performed legal research.
- Performed legal research.
- Completed the discovery process for both the initiation and response.
- Tracked deadlines for files.
(D) next to classes designed by Zara Sette
Embry Riddle Aeronautical University:
MGMT 390 Business Law, live and online, lead instructor, monitor, (D)
AS 405 Aviation Law,
MGMT 632 Labor Relations, live and online. (D)
MGMT 322 Aviation Insurance,
MGMT 324 Aviation Labor Relations, course monitor
AS 254 Administrative Law,
MGMT 314 Human Resource Management
MGT - 441 Labor Relations, online (D)
MGT-331, Management of Human Resources, live.
POL 123, Introduction to the Law and the Legal System, online & live. (D)
CRM 321 Substantive Criminal Law, live.
MG 260 Business Law I, live and online
MG 261 Business Law II, live and online
HR 353 Introduction to Human Resource Development, live.
HR 422 Organizational Development and Change, live.
HR 434 Compensation Management, live.
HC 260 Legal Issues in Health Care Delivery, live, online and independent studies.
MG 101 Introduction to Management, live.
MG 420 Labor Relations, live and online.
MG 440 Complex Organizations, live.
LAW 3000 Business Law I, (D)
LAW 3100 Business LAW II, (D)
Montana State University-Billings:
HADM Health Law, (D)
Desire 2 Learn
Volunteer work/Community involvement:
Den Leader Boy Scouts of AmericaGulf Stream Council 2007-2008
Human Resources Associations:
SHRM - Professional Membership
SHRM - HRM Assn. of Palm Beach City-former
Professional Development Committee, American Association of Contingent Faculty, 2007, 2008
Board of Directors:
Boynton Beach FishingAcademy, Director of Educational Development 2006, 2007, 2008
Former Board of Directors:
Corpus Christi ChildVisitationCenter, Chair, 2002
Boys and Girls Club of America, Corpus Christi Chapter, Elected Board Member, 2001, 2002 & 2003
American Association of Contingent Faculty
Texas Bar Association
Georgia Bar Association
Florida Bar Association
American Bar Association
Internet training related:
2007 CECore Online
2004 Socrates certificate
2004 eCollege certificate
1999, 2001 & 2002- certificate of Training by VCampus: An introduction to Online Interaction
2000, 2001 & 2003- certificate training in WebCT
2002, 2003, 2004, 2005 & 2006- certificate of Training in Blackboard
2007-Electronic Evidence & Discovery
2007-The American Jobs Creation Act of 2004 and Circular 230
2007-Helath Care/Elder Law
2006- Health Care Fraud: Civil and Criminal Trial Practice
2006- The Ethics of Negotiations in Health Care Cases
2006- Business Law Ethics