Skip to Content

City Vision University Online Courses

These eight-week courses are online and require 17-20 hours of study time per week. Undergraduate tuition is $700 per 3 credit course and graduate tuition is $800 per 3 credit course. All courses are for three credits unless otherwise stated.

Federal student aid is available for bachelor's students taking any undergraduate courses below. Other types of funding are also available to all students.  See our financial aid page for more information.

General Education & Electives

These courses can be used to count toward the City Vision general education requirements. See a full list of how general education requirements may be met here.

To register for courses:

  1. If you are not already a student: Apply Now & agree to the terms of the included Enrollment Agreement. Once your application is approved, log in to Populi to register.
  2. If you are a student: log in to Populi, and register from your student dashboard.

ENG101 - English Composition I
101 - Student Success
106 - Prior Learning Assessment Portfolio Development
340 - Old Testament Survey
341 - New Testament Survey
437 - Independent Study

Urban Missions Major (10 courses required)

407 - Chaplaincy
You may also take Nonprofit Management and Addiction Studies courses as electives for the Urban Missions degree.

Nonprofit Management Major (10 courses required)

302 - Nonprofit Administration
303 - Nonprofit Financial Accounting
304 - Management and Leadership
305 - Human Resources
306 - Residential Recovery Programs
307 - Facilities Management
308 - Food Services
309 - Nonprofit Fundraising
330 - Urban Youth Ministry
331 - Christian Community Development
405 - Nonprofit Managerial Accounting
406 - Vocation, Calling, and the Purpose of Work
434 - Grant Writing
430 - Social Entrepreneurship
436 - Internship/Practicum

You may also take Urban Missions and Addiction Studies courses as electives for the Nonprofit Management degree.

Addiction Studies Major (10 courses required)

306 - Managing Residential Recovery Programs
401 - Counseling in the City
402 - Life Skills Training
404 - Case Management
411 - Recovery Dynamics
412 - Counseling Foundations
413 - Drugs of Abuse
414 - Counseling Alcoholics
415 - Professional Counseling Practices 
416 - Mental Illness and Addiction
417 - Group Counseling Practices
418 - Sexual Issues in Addiction
419 - Family Issues and Recovery
420 - Addiction Studies Practicum
432 - Technology, Life Balance and Addiction

You may also take Nonprofit Management and Urban Missions courses as electives for the Addiction Studies degree. City Vision University is recognized as an Approved Academic Education Provider by NAADAC, the association for professional addiction counselors.  (APO17)  

Business Administration Major

The following list describes the requirements for the Bachelor's degree. The Associate's degree have lesser requirements.

Program core (27 Credits Required)

ACC101 - Accounting Principles I or CVC 303 - Nonprofit Accounting
ECON101 - Microeconomics
BUS 101 -  Introduction to Business
BUS 105 -  Business Communications
405 - Nonprofit Managerial Accounting
304 - Management & Leadership
430 - Social Entrepreneurship
406 - Vocation, Calling, and the Purpose of Work
305 - Human Resources

Concentrations (pick one)

Only four courses are required within a concentration.

Nonprofit Administration

434 - Grant Writing 
309 - Nonprofit Fundraising
405 - Nonprofit Managerial Accounting

General Management

BUS402 - Project Management
BUS305 - Entrepreneurship/Small Business Management
CVC 436 - Internship/Practicum

Technology & Entrepreneurship

BUS305 - Entrepreneurship/Small Business Management
CVC 432 - Technology, Life Balance and Addiction

Christian Ministry & Leadership

The following are the core courses for the Christian Ministry & Leadership Bachelor's. The Associate's degree has lesser requirements.

Students must also select at least 1 concentration for the bachelor's. The Church Ministry concentration is listed below:

The other concentrations are comprised of courses from the other majors, and are listed in detail on the degree page.

Graduate Courses

Undergraduate students may take Master's level courses if they are a senior with more than 90 credits and higher than a 3.0 GPA. If a student takes these courses, they will count as undergraduate credit. Students will pay the undergraduate tuition rate for graduate courses.

Note, however, that most graduate-level courses now have an undergraduate version. All undergraduate students may take this version, regardless of the number of credits they have.