This course covers the nonprofit startup process and the board development. The course centers around a final project where the student 1) completes or reviews nonprofit startup documents 2) writes an executive summary board development best practices based on course materials 3) develops a comprehensive board manual.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Complete the legal steps needed to start a nonprofit organization and describe the importance of those legal documents.
- Provide recommendations based on a Christian model for board leadership based on the unique needs of faith-based organizations.
- Write an executive summary of the following aspects of nonprofit and ministry boards: role summary, recruitment, governance, risk management, fundraising and relation to staff.
- Evaluate an organization and board based on governance best practices and provide recommendations.
- Create a Nonprofit Board Manual that includes Board Member Orientation, Expectations, Board Policies and Organizational Background.
Course Materials & Tuition
|BoardSource, Nonprofit Board Answer Book, 3rd edition. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass, 2011. ISBN: 11180961184||$24.21 (Kindle version)|
or $35.71 (Hardcover version)
|Total Cost of Course||$824.21|