This course will help build the student’s capacity to be an authentic leader and an effective manager for profit and non-profit organizations across all sectors including corporate, business, entrepreneurial, civic, and religious. This course is designed to resource the student’s journey of personal leadership development and to learn how to motivate and inspire others in their organization to be authentic leaders, too. Students will reflect on their own professional leadership experiences, read case studies of successful business leaders, interact with fellow classmates and instructors, and then synthesize their own philosophy and practice of leadership in their final project. Successful students will actively participate and share in class forum discussions, learn theory and practice, and reflect on social, political, religious and other dynamics as organizations solve problems, face critical challenges, and serve local and global communities.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Examine their personal and professional leadership journeys by critiquing examples of successful leaders.
- Reflect upon and effectively integrate their own experiences of stress, anxiety, and other crucibles of leadership into a narrative about their leadership principles, values, and ethical boundaries.
- Evaluate their extrinsic and intrinsic leadership motivations and how they influence their leadership effectiveness.
- Compare and contrast leadership styles and determine how their style supports their leadership purpose.
- Design a management workflow demonstrating the four critical behaviors of an effective manager through feedback, coaching, and delegating.
- Create a synthesis of the above understandings into a Personal Leadership Development Plan that combines a mature reflection, application of authentic leadership theory, and effective management in their profit or non-profit organization.
Course Materials & Tuition
Managing the Nonprofit Organization: Principles and Practices. ISBN: 0060165073
The Making of a Leader – by Dr. J. Clinton ISBN: 1612910750
|Three Dimensions of Leadership, Olan Hendrix ISBN: 188963817X||$27.89|
Total Cost of Course