Students in this course will receive academic credit for a degree-related internship at an approved location.
This course will provide the training for residential ministry to homeless and addicted persons in recovery in rescue missions or similar organizations.
This course requires that students be an intern or new staff at a ministry.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Relate to clients in appropriate and effective ways.
- Develop appreciation and working relationship with staff.
- Develop personal habits and practices that provide and promote ongoing ministry.
- Implement best practices in serving clients 20-30 hours a week in assigned responsibility.
- Utilize best practices when interacting with clients in residential programs.
- Understand the necessity of relational ministry to those who are in recovery in a way to maximize effectiveness.
- Understand the necessity of personal daily spiritual preparation that is necessary for success in ongoing ministry.
- Recognize and practice techniques of team work preserving unity in the workplace.
Course Materials & Tuition
|Minor, Lorraine (2016) Called to Serve, Servant Leadership Jesus Style. Kansas City, MO RescueMissionBooks, 199 pages ISBN: 978-0-9968312-0-8||Provided in course materials|
|Alcorn, R. The Grace and Truth Paradox: Responding with Christlike Balance. Multnomah; Edition Unstated edition (January 1, 2003). ISBN-13: 978-1590520659||$8.88 (Hardback) or $10.99 (Kindle)|
|Total Cost of Course||$758.88|