The urbanization of the world presents the church with the unprecedented opportunity and challenge to recognize and plant “signs of the kingdom” in settings that include great change, extraordinary human diversity, centered power, creativity, heightened temptations and many forms of dysfunctionality, both personal and institutional. This course is a historical and Biblical study of the role of the City in ministry and its insights on understanding God’s purposes for effective and transformation change in the City.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the perspective of God, the Bible and the church toward cities.
- Reflect on your own experience with cities and your strengths and weaknesses in urban ministry.
- Identify the strengths and challenges of cities.
- Develop a strategy for your church/ministry to improve its support of urban ministry.
- Apply Biblical and modern case studies in urban ministry into your context.
- Develop a Theology of Urban Ministry and a personal Philosophy of Urban Ministry.
Course Materials & Tuition
|A Theology as Big as the City, by Ray Bakke||$21.36|
|To Live in Peace: Biblical Faith in the Changing Inner City, by Mark Gornik||$14.16|
|Total Cost of Course||$835.52|