There are many denominations, divisions and theological disputes in the modern church, but despite these types of disunity, there is a common core of belief that all faithful Christians have affirmed throughout history. For almost two millennia, this core of belief has been summarized in the Apostles’ Creed. This course explains the history and use of the Apostles’ Creed, as well as the details and significance of each of its articles of faith, with the aim of equipping students to teach the video materials in the future.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Introduce viewers to the history and value of the Apostles’ Creed.
- Explain each of the doctrines listed in the Apostles’ Creed.
- Demonstrate the relevance of these doctrines to the modern church.
- Equip viewers to use this series to do one of the following:
(1) evangelize non-Christians and invite them make a credible profession of saving faith,
(2) verify if professing Christians have a credible profession of saving faith and prepare them for baptism and church membership.
Moodle Login and Syllabus
Course Materials & Tuition
|J. I. Packer. Affirming the Apostles’ Creed. Wheaton, Illinois, USA.: Crossway Books, 2008.||Available as a free pdf|
|R. C. Sproul. What We Believe: Understanding and Confessing the Apostles’ Creed. Grand Rapids, MI: Baker Books, 2015.||$10.53 (paperback)|
|Henry Barclay Swete. The Apostles’ Creed: It’s Relation to Primitive Christianity. 2nd ed. London: C. J. Clay & Sons, 1894.||Available free online|
|Timothy Ware. The Orthodox Church. New Edition. New York: Penguin Books, 1993. Available on Amazon Kindle, accessed Feb. 13, 2019.||$2.29 (paperback)|
|Total Cost of Course||$387.28|