This course briefly surveys what theologians call theology proper or the doctrine of God. It deals with questions such as: Who is God? What are his attributes? What is his eternal plan? What are his works in history? At the most fundamental level, the Scriptures were given to teach us about who God is and what he has done for us. In fact, knowing God is essential for us to understand ourselves and our world. This course is based on the lecture series, We Believe in God, produced by Third Millennium Ministries and hosted by Rev. Dr. Thurman Williams with contributions from a variety of professors.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Identify the primary concerns of systematic theologians in regard to theology proper
- Identify the key teachings of the Augsburg Confession, the Belgic Confession, and the Westminster Shorter Catechism regarding the doctrine of God,
- Identify many of the most important incommunicable and communicable attributes of God
- Identify the concepts of God’s immanence and His transcendence, and
- Identify how theologians have explained the relationship between God’s decrees, His foreknowledge, and His providence.
Moodle Login and Syllabus
Course Materials & Tuition
|Total Cost of Course||$533.33|