This course investigates the doctrine of Christology, focusing on the person and work of Jesus Christ, the most important human being that has ever lived. He is God in the flesh, the center of all history, and the only hope for the salvation of humanity and creation. This course clarifies the biblical teachings about his person and his redemptive work. It is based on the lecture series, We Believe in Jesus, produced by Third Millennium Ministries and hosted by Dr. Dan Doriani with contributions from a variety of professors.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Evaluate and defend the doctrine of the full divinity and humanity of Christ.
- Equip Christians to understand the biblical doctrines of the person and work of Jesus Christ.
- Summarize the three offices of Christ, their development in the Old Testament, and their fulfillment in Christ.
- Preach and teach biblical christology in a way that ministers to the church and promotes Christ’s mission to spread God’s kingdom to the ends of the earth.
- Lead and guide a congregation informed and motivated by a proper understanding of Jesus’ person and work.
Moodle Login and Syllabus
Course Materials & Tuition
|Video lecture series||Free|
|Alexandria, C. of. (2012). On the Unity of Christ. Fig. ISBN: 978-0881411331||$0.99|
|Bauckham, R. (2008). Jesus and the God of Israel: God Crucified and Other Studies on the New Testament’s Christology of Divine Identity (Edition Unstated). Eerdmans. ISBN: 978-0802845597||$18.70|
|Crisp, O. D. (2007). Divinity and Humanity: The Incarnation Reconsidered (1st Edition). Cambridge University Press. ISBN: 978-0521873529||$18.50|
|Murray, J., & Trueman, C. (2015). Redemption Accomplished and Applied. Eerdmans. ISBN: 978-0802873095||$10.79|
|Wakabayashi, A. M. (2003). Kingdom Come: How Jesus Wants to Change the World. IVP Books. ISBN: 978-0830823635||$5.91|
|Total Cost of Course||$429.89|