Skip to Content

Degree Programs

Program Options

A.  Undergraduate Degree Programs

Associate's Programs (60 credits)

  • Business Administration
  • Christian Ministry and Leadership

Bachelor's Programs (120 credits)

  • Addiction Counseling
  • Nonprofit Management
  • Christian Ministry and Leadership
  • Bueiness Administration

The degrees require 120 credits and are equivalent to 4-year academic degrees awarded by accredited residential colleges in the United States. To earn a degree, students must have completed our general studies requirements - either through courses transferred from accredited colleges or universities, or through our own general studies courses.

Up to 30 hours (15 for associate's) of transfer credit may be earned through credit by examination. A maximum of 90 credit hours (45 for associates) may be transferred from outside institutions; students are required to take at least 30 credit hours (15 for associate's) from City Vision University to complete their degree.  Those who already have a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university can usually earn a second degree by taking 30 credit hours in one of the areas of specialization.


City Vision University offers an MBA for graduate students. For more details, see the link above.

Learn More About the Degree Programs

Business Administration

This program focuses on preparing students for mid-level management positions in either the business or nonprofit sector. In addition, students that choose a Technology/Social Entrepreneurship or General Management emphasis will be well equipped to start their own business.

Christian Ministry & Leadership

This program aims to prepare students for leadership positions in churches, ministries and nonprofit organizations. In it, students will discern their calling, develop leadership skills, learn how to interpret the Bible, see how a Kingdom of God-centered theology unifies the story of Scripture, and develop a plan for establishing life balance in a society saturated with technology and addiction.

Addiction Counseling

This program generally fulfills the formal education requirements of addiction counselor certification. Check with your state certifying body to learn what additional requirements must be met to become a Certified Addiction Counselor. The addiction courses also can be taken for continuing education credits for those already holding certification. City Vision University is an Approved Academic Education Provider by NAADAC, the association for professional addiction counselors.

Nonprofit Management

This program prepares students to manage the business affairs of non-profit corporations, including foundations, educational institutions, associations, and other such organizations. It includes instruction in business management, principles of accounting and financial management, fund raising, human resources management, and social services outreach, and taxation and law as applied to non-profit organizations.

Minors and Double Majors    

To earn a bachelor's degree with City Vision University, 120 total semester credit hours are required.  At least 30 hours must come from City Vision University course and up to 90 may come from transfer credit.

A minor may be earned by taking at least 15 credit hours from one of the degree programs that are not a part of a student's primary major.  These must be courses that are unique to that program and cannot include those that are also a part of the student's primary major program.

A second major may be earned by taking an additional 30 hours from one of the degree programs apart from the student's primary major.


City Vision University is accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission and is an affiliate member of the Association for Biblical Higher Education. DEAC is recognized by both the U.S. Department of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).