Other Forms of Financial Aid

Apart from Federal Student Aid (Pell Grants), City Vision also offers the following forms of financial aid.

Contact Traci Hedlund, Director of Financial Aid, at (816) 960-2008 x108 or financialaid@cityvision.edu, if you have questions about how to receive these.

City Vision University provides VA education benefits to qualified veterans and their dependents.  To apply, call toll free at 1-888-GIBILL1 or apply online.

To get an estimate of your projected VA benefit amount, you may use this tool. Put the school name in as “City Vision College.”

You will need your Certificate of Eligibility letter to receive VA education benefits. If you do not have this, read our instructions on how to receive VA education benefits.

These benefits are administered by the US Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), not the US Department of Education, which administers Pell grants.

City Vision is approved to receive Department of Defense (DoD) Tuition Assistance.

To find out the steps to use Department of Defense (DoD) Tuition Assistance to pay for attending City Vision, email financialaid@cityvision.edu.

City Vision offers various tuition discounts / institutional scholarships to qualified individuals.

WIA is the nation’s principal workforce development program providing funds to address the employment and training needs of dislocated workers, low-income adults and youth. The funding for WIA comes from the Federal Department of Labor. WIA provides support to participants to increase their education, training, employment, job retention. The ultimate goal is to improve the quality of the workforce, reduce dependency, and enhance the productivity and competitiveness of the nation. Contact your local office to apply for WIA educational funding.

City Vision University is a qualified institution for vocational rehabilitation in many states. Our admissions staff can work with your vocational counselor to have City Vision approved as a vendor in your state if we are not yet in their system. Contact your local agency for more information.

AmeriCorps Members who choose to take the education award can see instructions on how to use it to pay for City Vision University classes.

In certain circumstances, students may arrange a payment plan with the business office.  Normally, this involves paying half of tuition at the beginning of the term, then paying the second half in the middle of the term. Contact the university for more information.

A Pell-eligible student whose parent or guardian died in the line of duty while performing as a public safety officer is eligible to receive a maximum Pell Grant for the award year for which the determination of eligibility is made. To qualify for this scholarship, a student must be Pell-eligible and have a Pell-eligible EFC for the aid year, and be less than 24 years of age or enrolled at an institution of higher education at the time of his or her parent’s or guardian’s death.

If you qualify for a Pell grant and meet the other criteria for this scholarship, please let our Financial Aid Office know.

 Students may apply for private student loans from various providers, but City Vision strongly encourages students to avoid incurring student loan debt, unless absolutely necessary. See this page for more on private loans. Both undergraduate and graduate students are eligible for private student loans.

You may search for third-party scholarships to which you could apply by going to the Department of Labor’s scholarship site.