All students demonstrate courtesy for all others in regard to choice of language. Foul and abusive language does not help to build community, but tends to intimidate and alienate others. Our goal is that students encourage others.
All students respect others by demonstrating love in confronting others. Each student has the right to confront those who they may have an issue with, but in so doing each student should do so in manner that helps to build community and not cause division.
All students consider others when choosing their actions. City Vision University students are expected to obey University policies as a matter of respect for others in the community.
Standards of conduct violations that may constitute grounds for termination include but are not limited to both the items above and the following:
- Firearms/weapons violations
- Use of profanity or foul language
- Immoral conduct
- Possession or use of non-prescribed controlled substances
- Consumption of alcoholic beverages while engaged in school activities
- Destruction of private or school property
- Willfully engaging in conduct that is detrimental to the best interest of students and the educational system.
Students may also receive penalties up to and including dismissal for violating our standards of academic integrity.
Copyright Infringement Policies and Sanctions
- Unauthorized distribution of copyrighted materials (Copyright Infringement) which includes, but is not limited to, unauthorized peer-to-peer file sharing may also constitute grounds for termination. Furthermore, students who violate copyright will be subject to civil and criminal liabilities. Copyright infringement is the act of exercising, without permission or legal authority, one or more of the exclusive rights granted to the copyright owner under section 106 of the Copyright Act (Title 17 of the United States Code). These rights include the right to reproduce or distribute a copyrighted work.
Computer Use and File Sharing
- In the file-sharing context, downloading or uploading substantial parts of a copyrighted work without authority constitutes an infringement.
- Since City Vision University is a fully online institution, it does not have its own information technology system for student use. However, students should be advised that any copyright violations, including peer-to-peer file sharing, that come to the knowledge of the administration may constitute grounds for termination.
Due Process of Student Rights
- A prompt investigation of all charges conducted, insofar as possible, in a manner that prevents disclosure of the student’s identity to persons not involved in the offense or the grievance process.
- Investigations may include informal review and discussion with an official of the school prior to bringing a charge, provided that such review does not compromise the rights of the student in the formal process.
- Reasonable written notice of the facts and evidence underlying the rule violation.
- Reasonable written notice of the procedure by which the accuracy of the charge will be determined.
- Reasonable time within which to prepare a response to the charge prior to the implementation of any sanctions.