Transforming lives through radically affordable online education.
Course Extension Request
If you wish to submit a course extension, you may do so below. Please note the following policy.
Policy on Course Extensions
Extension requests should only be made if you are not going to finish a course before it officially ends.
If you need an extensions on a specific assignment, follow the guidelines below:
- If your assignment is less than 2 weeks late, if you have a documented disability that would require more time to complete the assignment, then email email@example.com.
- If you will be more than 2 weeks late, and you have an exceptional circumstance, such as an illness that would prevent you from doing course work at this time, or the death of a family member, then email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you do not fall into one of the above categories, then there are no extensions and we will apply our late policy as follows:
- Late but less than 1 week late: lose half a letter grade. For students with documented disabilities, this becomes “less than 1 week late, no penalty”.
- More than 1 week late, but less than 2 (after the following Sunday): lose 1 letter grade. i.e. “A” becomes a “B” For students with documented disabilities, this becomes “One week late but less than 2 week late, no penalty”.
- More than 2 weeks late will receive a zero unless granted an extension by City Vision’s president.
Extensions are typically granted only for exceptional circumstances, such as an illness that would prevent you from doing course work at this time, or the death of a family member. For students with documented disabilities, we cannot extend this further except for in rare exceptions due to the difficulty that extremely late assignments creates in meeting US Department of Education requirements.
Students not submitting anything for grading in the first two weeks will be dropped.
Course extensions will only be granted if you have completed at least half of the assignments in a course.
While you are working to complete a course for which an extension has been granted, you can only take a maximum of one additional course.
In order for a course extension to be approved, you and the approver must agree upon a date by which you will have completed all the remaining assignments in the course.
Course extension requests will be reviewed by the student’s professor and the Academic Oversight team (Dean, Department Chair and/or President).