Watch the list of videos below to learn how to use Canvas. You will take your courses in Canvas (our learning management system), but you register for them, pay bills and get transcripts in Populi (our student information system). If possible, we recommend that you watch the videos in one window while clicking through Canvas as you follow along with the videos.
Canvas Training Materials
Populi and Canvas share a common username & password. You can log into Canvas using it by clicking on the “Canvas Login” link at the top of the CityVision.edu website.
- Getting Started
- Assignments, Discussions and Quizzes
- Canvas Student App. (optional additional documentation)
- You can download the Canvas app for iOS and Android to access courses on your mobile device.
- You will need to follow these video instructions for how to use a QR Code to login to your app (written instructions)
- We strongly recommend you do not use your mobile device to write assignments or discussions unless you have a physical keyboard, since otherwise it can be too difficult to meet quality standards.
- Optional Canvas Training Materials
Populi Training Materials
- Signing Your Enrollment Agreement. Required for all students in their first term.
- Registering for & Withdrawing from Courses
- Paying Tuition and Fees
- Reviewing Your Student Transcript
- Changing Your Contact Information & Password
- Documentation: City Vision’s Student Guide to Populi
You can view a playlist of the Populi videos on YouTube.
You can also view a playlist of all videos from our New Student Orientation.