Receiving Financial Aid at City Vision

To receive financial aid at City Vision, follow the steps below. For all Financial Aid questions, contact Traci Hedlund at (816) 708-0797 or

Step 1: Check Eligibility for Federal Aid

For students seeking federal aid, City Vision University only participates in the federal Pell grants program for our undergraduate programs. Students at City Vision University may not receive federal student loans.

Note: City Vision’s graduate programs are not eligible for Pell grants.

The main eligibility requirements for Pell grants are listed below. For a full list, see here

If you are not eligible for Pell grants, City Vision offers many Other Forms of Financial Aid.

  • Students must be a US citizen or an eligible non-citizen (typically the holder of a Permanent Resident Card – green card). See this FAQ for more on eligible non-citizens.
  • Students must not have already earned a  bachelor’s degree.
  • Students cannot have a student loan in default or a past due balance at another school.
  • Students cannot receive more than the equivalent of six years of Pell grants. The amount you’ve received so far can be seen when you log in to NSLDS (the government’s database on student loans & grants). See more details here.

Step 2: Complete FAFSA Application

Complete the 2021-22 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Use the City Vision school code of 041191

You can also complete the FAFSA using the myStudentAid app. For Android, click here. For iPhone/iPad, click here.

Use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool to fill out your FAFSA, if possible. This will add your tax information automatically, and makes it less likely you will need to submit additional documents.

After completing the FAFSA, you will be given the amount for the Expected Family Contribution (EFC).

You will only be eligible for Pell grants if your EFC is less than 5846 for 21-22. If your EFC is more than 0 but less than 5846, you will receive a partial Pell grant. When we receive your FAFSA information, we will send you an email with a financial aid offer amount. You may want to review the other forms of financial aid that we offer.

Step 3: Submit Required Documents (if selected for verification)

After completing your FAFSA and the financial aid portal registration, you will be notified if there are additional documents that are required. Otherwise, you will receive an email with a financial aid offer amount within the next week or so.

If you are not asked to submit additional documents, you can skip to step 5. Otherwise, read the instructions on the verification documents page.

Please note that students who have been selected for verification will not have their aid approved to be paid out until the review process is complete.

Step 4: Receiving Award

To receive your financial aid award, you must enroll in City Vision University and register for courses.

You should read the linked policies on how to receive financial aid payments each term.

For any questions, please contact Traci Hedlund at (816) 708-0797 or email

Veterans and Military Benefits and Scholarship

City Vision students can receive VA educational benefits. City Vision also provides a 15% institutional scholarship to all military & veterans, as well as their dependents.

If you wish to receive the institutional scholarship, you will need a DD-214 to document your service. Contact Traci Hedlund regarding additional requirements at (816) 708-0797, or

If you wish to receive VA educational benefits, see the instructions here.

Other Forms of Financial Aid

City Vision University provides VA education benefits to qualified veterans and their dependents.  To apply, call toll free at 1-888-GIBILL1 or apply online.

To get an estimate of your projected VA benefit amount, you may use this tool. Put the school name in as “City Vision College.”

You will need your Certificate of Eligibility letter to receive VA education benefits. If you do not have this, read our instructions on how to receive VA education benefits.

These benefits are administered by the US Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), not the US Department of Education, which administers Pell grants.

City Vision is approved to receive Department of Defense (DoD) Tuition Assistance.

To find out the steps to use Department of Defense (DoD) Tuition Assistance to pay for attending City Vision, email

City Vision offers various tuition discounts / institutional scholarships to qualified individuals.

WIA is the nation’s principal workforce development program providing funds to address the employment and training needs of dislocated workers, low-income adults and youth. The funding for WIA comes from the Federal Department of Labor. WIA provides support to participants to increase their education, training, employment, job retention. The ultimate goal is to improve the quality of the workforce, reduce dependency, and enhance the productivity and competitiveness of the nation. Contact your local office to apply for WIA educational funding.

City Vision University is a qualified institution for vocational rehabilitation in many states. Our admissions staff can work with your vocational counselor to have City Vision approved as a vendor in your state if we are not yet in their system. Contact your local agency for more information.

AmeriCorps Members who choose to take the education award can see instructions on how to use it to pay for City Vision University classes.

In certain circumstances, students may arrange a payment plan with the business office.  Normally, this involves paying half of tuition at the beginning of the term, then paying the second half in the middle of the term. Contact the university for more information.

A Pell-eligible student whose parent or guardian died in the line of duty while performing as a public safety officer is eligible to receive a maximum Pell Grant for the award year for which the determination of eligibility is made. To qualify for this scholarship, a student must be Pell-eligible and have a Pell-eligible EFC for the aid year, and be less than 24 years of age or enrolled at an institution of higher education at the time of his or her parent’s or guardian’s death.

If you qualify for a Pell grant and meet the other criteria for this scholarship, please let our Financial Aid Office know.

 Students may apply for private student loans from various providers, but City Vision strongly encourages students to avoid incurring student loan debt, unless absolutely necessary. See this page for more on private loans. Both undergraduate and graduate students are eligible for private student loans.

You may search for third-party scholarships to which you could apply by going to the Department of Labor’s scholarship site.