Documentation Needed to Get VA Benefits from City Vision University

VA Certificate of Eligibility Instructions

In order to receive VA Education benefits from City Vision University, you will need to get your GI Bill Letter, also known as a Certificate of Eligibility or “awardment letter”. To get this, read the instructions below.

A DD-214 or a US Uniformed Services card is not enough for use to certify your aid, since it doesn’t show what specific type of aid that you can receive. The VA calls these “chapters” – for example, Chapter 30 is the GI Bill, and Chapter 33 is the Post-9/11 GI Bill.

The Certificate of Eligibility is a document, about 2-3 pages long, which the VA will send to you when you first complete the application. It will list the VA Education aid type and the number of months of aid you can get.

If you no longer have this document, you can get it using one of the two methods below. You can also call their support line at 1-888-442-4551 for further instructions.

After you’ve received the document using one of the methods below, scan and email it to us at Then we can certify your benefits if you are currently active in a term. You should receive your first benefits payment 1-2 months after that.

Method One:

If you have an eBenefits Level II account, you can:
• Log onto eBenefits (
• On the “Welcome” page, select the “Manage Your Benefits” option at the bottom
• Under the “Manage Benefits” option, select the “Status Tracking” option
• In the “Education” block, you should see a link for the benefit you are eligible for
• Select the “Enrollment Status” Link (Post 9/11 GI Bill, Montgomery GI Bill, etc)
• Print the page entitled “Education Enrollment Status”

Method Two:

• Go to the GI Bill Website (
• Select the “Submit a Question” option
• If you have an existing account, log in
• If not, you will need to use the “Sign up” link to establish an account
• Once you are logged in, select the “Ask a Question” tab at the top
• For subject, put “GI Bill Certificate of Eligibility”
• For question, put in something like “I am requesting a duplicate copy of my GI Bill
Certificate of Eligibility be mailed to me.”
• Product is “GI Bill”
• Category is the benefit you are eligible for
• Under the benefit you are eligible for, select eligibility
• Submit your request.
• A duplicate Certificate of Eligibility will be mailed to you

As stated above, once you have received the Certificate of Eligibility, scan and email it to, so we can certify your aid. If you have any questions, email or call 816-960-2008 x120.