Transforming lives through radically affordable online education.
Tuition, Scholarships and Refunds
Financial charges to students for City Vision University courses are divided into three categories:
- Tuition. This is paid to City Vision University upon registering for a course, and covers the cost of instruction. Undergraduate tuition is $750 per course ($250/credit hour or $7,500/year full-time) and graduate tuition is $800 per course ($266.67/credit hour or $8,000 per year). Students may audit a course (for no credit) for $100/course. Note: textbooks and other instructional materials are not included in the tuition rate. They must be purchased separately. Students may apply to City Vision at no charge.
- Textbook cost. Textbook costs average about $500 per year for full-time students. See the course descriptions to see required resources for each course. City Vision University does not sell textbooks.
- Graduation fee. Students graduating from any program from City Vision are required to pay a $100 fee to cover the administrative cost of graduation and the cost of their diploma.
- Other Fees. Students that wish to receive copies of their transcript must pay $10. Students who have completed their Prior Learning Assessment course and would like to have additional Prior Learning assessed may pay an additional $100.
For the 2020-21 year, we offer the following tuition scholarships:
- 15% Tuition Scholarship: to City Vision alumni, those affiliated with rescue missions, the Salvation Army, YWAM, Adult and Teen Challenge, AmeriCorps, first responders, as well as active duty or reserve military students or veterans and their spouses. After this scholarship, tuition for undergraduates is $638/course ($6,375/year or $212.50/credit hour). For graduate students it is: $680/course ($6,800/year or $226.67/credit hour). We also provide a 10% to students from organizations or businesses affiliated with the Tuition Reduction Network.
- 33% Tuition Scholarship. We offer a scholarship to students outside of the US and student affiliated with partner organizations such as Wheeler Mission, The Urban Ministry Institute (TUMI), Third Millennium, Saylor Academy (undergrad) and YWAM (outside the US). We will offer this level of scholarship to students from any organization that sends two or more students in a given year. For these students, tuition is $500/course ($5,000/year, $166.67/credit hour) for both undergraduate and graduate tuition. Additional scholarships may apply to students taking courses from the City Vision Institute that submit a completed student assignment workbook.
To receive your scholarship:
- Apply online for free.
- Once you have submitted your application, contact our financial aid office at email@example.com to let them know that you qualify for a scholarship.
- Our financial aid office may require documentation to verify your eligibility. Be sure to read our criteria to keep scholarships.
Both undergraduate and graduate students may apply to City Vision at no charge, as stated at https://www.cityvision.edu/tuition-and-fees/. Students who cancel their enrollment within 5 days of signing the enrollment agreement will receive a full refund of any monies paid to the university. In order to communicate their cancellation, students should do one of the following: either fill out the appropriate drop form (college drop or course drop), email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (816) 298-0455, or any other method of communication preferred by the student.
Tuition refunds may be obtained when a student drops all courses or drops out of the college. City Vision prefers that students should drop courses using the official drop request form, but they may communicate their intent to drop to City Vision by any method including: calling the university office at (816) 960-2008, emailing email@example.com, discontinuing participation in the course (see the date of last attendance policy).
A tuition refund is also available to students who drop a course within the first five weeks of the term, but remain enrolled in at least one other course. See our drop policy for details on how dropping courses affects your grades. Refunds are calculated based on when a student submits any graded assignment or forum, based on the date of when the assignment is submitted (not when it is due).
Student refunds will be calculated on a per-course basis at the following rates:
- DURING 1st week (days 1-7) – 100%
- AFTER 1st week (days 8-14) – 80%
- AFTER 2nd week (days 15-21) – 60%
- AFTER 3rd week (days 22-28) – 40%
- AFTER 4th week (days 29-35) – 20%
- AFTER 5th week (36 days to end of term) – 0%
The following is a sample refund calculation:
A student enrolled in one course for $750, but withdrew in the 2nd week (8-14 days). Therefore, the student was entitled to an 80% refund. After the refund the student owes $150 ($750 * 80% = $600, and $750 – $600 = $150).
For students who withdraw from any course in a given term, and have a credit balance as a result, any overpayment will be refunded within 30 days of when the credit balance was created. Tuition paid by the VA or Military Tuition Assistance will be paid back to the government as appropriate.