Financial charges to students for City Vision University courses are divided into the following categories:
- Tuition. This is paid to City Vision University upon registering for a course, and covers the cost of instruction. Tuition is $800 per course ($266.67/credit hour, $8,000/year full-time) for both undergraduate and graduate courses. Students may audit a course (for no credit) for $200/course. Note: textbooks and other instructional materials are not included in the tuition rate. They must be purchased separately. Students may apply to City Vision at no charge.
- Textbook cost. Textbook costs average about $500 per year for full-time students. See the course descriptions to see required resources for each course. City Vision University does not sell textbooks.
- Graduation fee (non-certificate). Students graduating from any program from City Vision, other than the certificate program, are required to pay a $100 fee to cover the administrative cost of graduation and the cost of their diploma.
- Printed certificate fee. Students graduating from the certificate program are required to pay a $50 fee if they want a printed certificate. Otherwise, they are not required to pay a fee.
- Transcript fee. Students that wish to receive a copy of their transcript must pay $10 per copy.
- Other fees. Students who would like to have additional Prior Learning credit assessed more than 6 months after they completed the course must pay an additional $200.
Both undergraduate and graduate students may apply to City Vision at no charge, as stated at https://www.cityvision.edu/tuition-and-fees/. Students who cancel their enrollment within 5 days of signing the enrollment agreement will receive a full refund of any monies paid to the university. In order to communicate their cancellation, students should do one of the following: either fill out the appropriate drop form (college drop or course drop), email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (816) 298-0455, or any other method of communication preferred by the student.
Tuition refunds may be obtained when a student drops all courses or drops out of the college. City Vision prefers that students should drop courses using the official drop request form, but they may communicate their intent to drop to City Vision by any method including: calling the university office at (816) 960-2008, emailing email@example.com, discontinuing participation in the course (see the date of last attendance policy).
A tuition refund is also available to students who drop a course within the first five weeks of the term, but remain enrolled in at least one other course. See our drop policy for details on how dropping courses affects your grades. Refunds are calculated based on when a student submits any graded assignment or forum, based on the date of when the assignment is submitted (not when it is due).
Student refunds will be calculated on a per-course basis at the following rates:
- DURING 1st week (days 1-7) – 100%
- AFTER 1st week (days 8-14) – 80%
- AFTER 2nd week (days 15-21) – 60%
- AFTER 3rd week (days 22-28) – 40%
- AFTER 4th week (days 29-35) – 20%
- AFTER 5th week (36 days to end of term) – 0%
The following is a sample refund calculation:
A student enrolled in one course for $750, but withdrew in the 2nd week (8-14 days). Therefore, the student was entitled to an 80% refund. After the refund the student owes $150 ($750 * 80% = $600, and $750 – $600 = $150).
For students who withdraw from any course in a given term, and have a credit balance as a result, any overpayment will be refunded within 30 days of when the credit balance was created. Tuition paid by the VA or Military Tuition Assistance will be paid back to the government as appropriate.