Transforming lives through radically affordable online education.
Tuition Discounts and Scholarships
For the 2021-22 year, we offer the following tuition scholarships:
- 15% Tuition Scholarship: to City Vision alumni, those affiliated with rescue missions, the Salvation Army, YWAM, Adult and Teen Challenge, AmeriCorps, first responders, as well as active duty or reserve military students or veterans and their spouses. After this scholarship, tuition for undergraduates is $638/course ($6,375/year or $212.50/credit hour). For graduate students it is: $680/course ($6,800/year or $226.67/credit hour). We also provide a 10% to students from organizations or businesses affiliated with the Tuition Reduction Network.
- 33% Tuition Scholarship. We offer a scholarship to students outside of the US and student affiliated with partner organizations such as Wheeler Mission, The Urban Ministry Institute (TUMI), Third Millennium, Saylor Academy (undergrad) and YWAM (outside the US). We will offer this level of scholarship to students from any organization that sends two or more students in a given year. For these students, tuition is $500/course ($5,000/year, $166.67/credit hour) for both undergraduate and graduate tuition. Additional scholarships may apply to students taking courses from the City Vision Institute that submit a completed student assignment workbook.
To receive your scholarship:
- Apply online for free.
- Once you have submitted your application, contact our financial aid office at firstname.lastname@example.org to let them know that you qualify for a scholarship.
- Our financial aid office may require documentation to verify your eligibility. Be sure to read our criteria to keep scholarships.
Criteria to Keep Scholarships
To maintain a scholarship in City Vision students must meet the following standards.
- Completing week 5 in a term. For students to receive a discount/scholarship in a given term, they must complete at least the first five weeks of a term; otherwise, they do not receive any scholarship for that term.
- Scholarship Student in Good Standing. To remain a scholarship student in good standing, they must maintain at least a 3.0 GPA in City Vision courses (not counting transfer credit).
- Partnership Active. If they receive a scholarship because of an affiliation with a ministry, their ministry must remain a partner with City Vision with an active partnership or internship contract.
- Scholarship Probation. If they have less than a 3.0 GPA, they must send City Vision an verbal email commitment to spend at least 15 hours per week of effort for each course. Students receiving rescue mission, partner or intern discounts/scholarships this commitment must also identify a supervisor or mentor in their organization to serve as their academic advisor to provide support and accountability. Students on scholarship probation will only receive discounts on courses in which they receive an A or B. In addition, students must not get more than two attendance warnings in a given term. Students will not receive a scholarship for any course in which they received more than two attendance warnings, or for courses in terms that they dropped. Students that meet the grade and attendance standards in one course but not in another in a given term will only receive the discount on the course where they met the standards. Exceptions may be made by the president in extraordinary circumstances such as poor attendance due to hospitalization, natural disaster, etc.
- Intern scholarships. Students who are interns at City Vision Internship sites that are current on their payments will continue to receive their scholarship until their current contract is completed. After that, these criteria will be included in all internship contracts. Interns taking one course would still receive a scholarship in all circumstances if their site is current on payments. Interns taking two courses who do not meet the above criteria will only receive a scholarship of $800/term.