City Vision University Enrollment Procedure
MTSE Admissions Requirements
To be admitted in the MTSE program, you must either have either a bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math-related field, or an unrelated bachelor's degree with at least one year's work or volunteer experience in a position that significantly science, technology, engineering or math.
Enrolling in City Vision University
Before registering for a City Vision University course, you must fill out the enrollment form. Enrollment is open year round. There are several steps to follow, so you should begin at least one month prior to the beginning of the term in which you plan to begin your studies. If you plan to use federal student aid or another form of financial assistance, we strongly encourage you to start even earlier.
Please read the following steps carefully and complete each of them in order. If you need assistance, contact Student Services at (816) 960-2008.
Note that students are considered to be officially enrolled at City Vision University after having completed 4 courses. However, if students receive financial aid, then they are automatically considered to be officially enrolled.
Step One: Complete the Enrollment Form Online
If you are enrolling in the graduate program, click here to fill out the enrollment form and pay the $50 application fee.
- City Vision University students must meet the Academic Eligibility Requirements.
Therefore students must either self-certify their academic eligibility upon enrollment or else supply the appropriate documentation before beginning their fifth course. Students will not receive any Federal financial aid (Pell grants or loans) until their academic eligibility for aid has been confirmed by one of those methods.
If you have completed prior college work for which you wish to receive credit, this must be documented via official college transcripts. College transcripts must be sent directly from the institution. No faxes or photocopies will be accepted. You are responsible to inform the university if your transcripts will be sent with your maiden name on them instead of your current last name.
High school transcripts may typically be requested by doing a web search of your school districtand contacting them to order a transcript.. You can order college transcripts by doing a web search of your college name and the words "transcript request".
Transcripts should be mailed to:
Office of the Registrar
City Vision University
3101 Troost Ave. Suite 200
Kansas City MO 64109-1845
If you submit college transcripts, an official transcript evaluation will be done to determine the number of transfer credits that will be granted for previous college work.
Transfer credits will be awarded only if they are from institutions of higher learning that are accredited by a body that is recognized by the US Department of Education or the Council of Higher Education Accreditation (such as those listed here),
Non-U.S. institutions must have an accepted foreign equivalent at an institution listed in the International Handbook of Universities.
- You will need to e-mail a copy of a government-issued photo ID to registrar [at] cityvision [dot] edu before you may take any proctored exams (which are required in nearly all undergraduate courses).You will also need to send this before receiving financial aid if you are selected for financial aid verification – specifically, V4 or V5 verification. Our Financial Aid Office will notify you if this is the case.
Students may either scan in their ID or take a photo of it with a digital camera or smartphone.
Before taking proctored exams, you will need to select an exam proctor and have him or her be approved by the organization. This is needed for the undergraduate program only.
Additional Requirements for Master's program:
Provide 2 References - students must request at least two references from people who know them well enough to provide the information requested, include at least one work related reference and one character reference. Note: It would be helpful to obtain references from people who have observed you in your ministry and/or business setting. (Download Reference Request Form.)
Personal Learning Community (PLC) Agreements: Send PLC Agreement and Evaluation to 3-5 individuals. Your PLC is a strategic choice, providing you with fellow "travelers" who have a personal and/or professional interest in sharing your learning, i.e. how your perspective is changing and how that is impacting your life and work. For that reason, co-workers, pastors and/or spouses may be good candidates. You will be asking them to read your assignments and to hold you accountable for successfully completing your degree. This group will also provide the program director with periodic evaluations on your progress. (Download PLC Agreement and Evaluation)
Before applying for enrollment, please review the Standards of Admission.
Step Two: Financial Aid/Federal Loans
City Vision University offers several types of financial assistance to help students pay for their studies. Visit the Financial Aid/Federal Loans page to learn more about grants, loans, scholarships and internships.
Step Three: Registering For Courses
Use our online registration system to sign up for courses once you have submitted your enrollment form.
Make sure to use the same email account for course purchases that you used originally upon enrollment.
Special Situations: Those receiving reduced tuition through scholarships, internships or working with an AGRM mission or other partnering organization must contact the university office to receive discount codes for use when registering for courses. See our tuition discounts page for a full list of available discounts.
Step Four: New Student Orientation
All new students must complete the New Student Orientation before beginning work on their first course. You will be enrolled in the Orientation once you complete the enrollment form.
- Enrollment in City Vision University is open year round. The Academic Calendar consists of five eight-week terms beginning in January, March, June, August and October. New students should begin the enrollment process at least one month before the beginning of the class in which they wish to participate.
- Course registration does not include textbooks. These must be ordered separately from our online bookstore or another source such as Amazon.com or a local bookstore.
- To take City Vision University courses, students must have their own personal email address that is used only by themselves. Free web-based email accounts can be obtained with Gmail or Yahoo.
- City Vision University courses are accelerated semester classes that cover 16 weeks of course work in just eight. Therefore, participating in two courses simultaneously is that equivalent of full-time enrollment in a traditional college. Plan to spend about 17-20 hours a week per course on your course work.
- Newly enrolled students must begin course work within six months of acceptance.
City Vision University is an Approved Education Provider for CFRE International and NAADAC, the association for addiction professionals. Our courses can be used to fulfill the requirements for initial certification and for continuing education purposes.
We encourage you to print this page for future reference. You can find additional consumer information here.
While City Vision University is nationally accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission and is recognized by the United States Department of Education, we cannot guarantee credit transferability to any given school as transfer of academic credit is determined by the receiving institution.