Skip to Content

Transfer Credit Policies

Transfer Credits Required for Degree Programs

Send transcripts to City Vision University, 1100 E 11th Street Kansas City, MO 64106-3028.

Undergraduate Graduation Credit Requirements

  • A total of 120 total college credits is required to earn a bachelor's degree. 
  • A maximum of 90 transfer credits will be accepted toward the degree.  
  • At least 30 credit hours must come from courses offered by City Vision University.
  • All students must meet the General Studies Requirements.

Graduate Enrollment Requirements

  • The Master's of Technology and Social Entrepreneurship degree requires 36 credits for completion. 
  • Students can transfer up to 9 graduate credits from any accredited institution. 
  • To be admitted in the MTSE program, you must either have either:
    • a bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math-related field
    • an unrelated bachelor's degree with at least one year's work or volunteer experience in a position that significantly involves science, technology, engineering or math.

Process to Send in Transcripts

  • Students enrolling in the undergraduate and graduate programs must contact the academic institutions at which they have studied and request an official copy of their transcripts to be mailed directly to the City Vision University registrar's office at City Vision University, 1100 E 11th Street, Kansas City, MO 64106-3028.
  • These must be received by City Vision University by no later than the completion of a student's fourth City Vision course in order for the student to be considered fully enrolled.
  • These must be official transcripts issued by the college/university or high school, depending on what is required for the degree a student is seeking. 
  • Note: Photocopies, faxes, or emails will not be accepted.

Transfer Credit Acceptance Standards

  • Transfer credit is granted only for courses in which the equivalent to City Vision University’s standard for a “C-” or better has been earned, and which fit the university's academic program requirements.
  • Courses in which a grade of “pass” is received must be certified by the school as being equivalent to City Vision University’s standard for a “C-” or higher in order to be accepted in transfer.
  • At both the undergraduate and graduate levels, transfer credits must be from either U.S.-based schools that are accredited by a body that is recognized by the US Department of Education or the Council of Higher Education Accreditation (such as those listed here), or non-US institutions that are listed in the International Handbook of Universities.

Alternative Means of Obtaining Transfer Credit

  • City Vision University will also allow students to test out of up to 30 hours of college credit.  See the information about Credit by Examination to learn more about this option. 
  • City Vision University also accepts Credit for Life Experience through a portfolio process. These are considered non-transcripted credit and only 30 non-transcripted credits can count toward a degree.
  • Those who have served in the worked in government, or received CEUs from certain companies and organizations may also be eligible to receive college credits for work-related training.  Check with the Transcript Service of the American Council on Education.
  • We accept any military credit listed in the ACE Military Credit Guide up to 30 credits. Student requesting credit should order transcripts from sent to our registrar's address.
  • Finally, City Vision University accepts high school AP credit on a case-by-case basis.

Transfer Credit Calculation

City Vision University follows a semester hour system, so transfer credits from quarter hour systems are divided by 1.5. Semester Hours = Quarter Hours/1.5. 

Registrar's Office Contact

If you have additional questions, please call the City Vision University Registrar's Office at 816-960-2008 or email registrar [at] cityvision [dot] edu.

Transfer Credits for Students Outside of North America

  • For foreign students, we use the transcript evaluation services of World Education Services or NARIC.
    • International students should check to see if their school is accredited in:
    • International students from schools not listed in that directory may develop a prior learning assessment portfolio or have their transcripts evaluated by the World Education Services or NARIC. 
  • Transcripts and official documents must be in English or be accompanied by an official translation into English. 
  • Where official transcripts are unobtainable due to circumstances beyond the student’s control, City Vision University may accept for review a valid affidavit that substantiates the student’s academic record. 
  • In all cases, City Vision University reserves the right to determine whether it will accept transfer credits from another academic institution.

Transferring Credits and Degrees from City Vision University

Students may also take City Vision University courses and apply them toward a program at another college or university.  Most institutions will accept credits from nationally accredited schools such as ours; however, it should be noted that transfer acceptance of academic credits and degrees is determined by the receiving institution.

Therefore, we encourage potential students to check first with the receiving schools to make sure they recognize institutions that are accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC) The DEAC is listed by the U.S. Department of Education as a nationally recognized accrediting agency and is a recognized member of the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.

Christian colleges and universities that are accredited by the Association for Biblical Higher Education generally accept City Vision University credits as long was they fit within a student's academic program.  Also, members of CHEA's Higher Education Transfer Alliance have also agreed to take transfer credits from City Vision University.  

Note: If your school is not on this list, that does not mean that they will not accept transfer credit, only that there is not a previous agreement. In addition, being listed on the HETA list does not guarantee that the receiving school will accept credit as only the receiving school can guarantee this.