Nonprofit and Volunteer Management Wiki Encyclopedia
Planning to Use Volunteers
Training and Supervising Volunteers
- Volunteer and Employee Form. The application form for volunteers and employees from Homework House.
- Background Check Form. A form to check your background from New Life Centers.
- Fingerprinting Information. Information on mandatory fingerprinting for the State of California.
- Live Scan Form. A form for a live scan for the State of California.
- Volunteer Sign In/ Sign Out Form. Keep track of volunteers by having them sign in and sign out using this timesheet from the Greater Boston Chinese Community Center for After School Programs.
- Volunteer Hours Tracking Form. A volunteer hours tracking timesheet to find out how many hours a volunteer has worked from the Greater Boston Chinese Community Center.
- Tutors and Staff Daily Schedule. The tutor and staff agenda plans from the Homework House.
- Daily Tutor Sign In Sheet. The sign in sheet for tutors to do daily from the Homework House.
- New Tutors Sign Up Sheet. The signup sheet for people who are interested in volunteering as a tutor and contact information and days of availability for tutoring from the Homework House.
- Mentor Log. The log form to know how many hours was spent with a tutor and if it was helpful from the Kidsworks.
- Hours Template Form. A letter to inform someone how many hours a volunteer had worked from the Greater Boston Chinese Community Center.
- Volunteers Hours Log. A log for volunteer hours from Moody Bible Institute.
- Volunteer Hours. A timesheet for daily volunteer hours.
- Volunteer Sign In-Out Sheet. A form for volunteers to sign in and sign out.
- Volunteer Attendance Template. A timesheet to track volunteers attendance.
- Monthly Tutor Timesheet. A copy of a timesheet to keep track of the hours for tutors per month.
Manuals and Paperwork for Volunteers and Employees
- Volunteer Guide Information Manuel. An information manual for volunteer guides for the Circle for Success After School Enrichment Program.
- Individual Education Plan Template. An education plan and goals worksheet from Door of Hope.
- Safety Policies. A safety policies document to inform the rules from the Greater Boston Chinese Community Center.
- Social Networking Policies. Make sure volunteers know their restrictions by using these social networking policies for volunteers from the Greater Boston Chinese Community Center.
- Volunteer Application and Recommendation. An application for volunteers and also a recommendation sheet for volunteers from the Greater Boston Chinese Community Center.
- Book References. Receive activities and training ideas from these book references for volunteers from the Greater Boston Chinese Community Center.
- Finding and Managing Volunteers. An informative document on how to find good quality volunteers and how to manage volunteers from the Greater Boston Chinese Community Center.
- Goal Setting Worksheet. A worksheet to set up future goals from the S.A.Y. Yes! Center for Youth Development.
- How To Make Up Your Absences Instructions. An informative document on how to make up any absences you may have with a form on the bottom to make up the absences from the S.A.Y. Yes! Center for Youth Development.
- Lesson Plan Form. A form to fill out the lesson plans for the week from S.A.Y. Yes! Center for Youth Development.
- School/ Teacher Visit Guidelines. Guidelines for students who visit schools or teachers and suggested questions that they could ask them from S.A.Y. Yes! Center for Youth Development.
- School Visit Letter Generic. A fill in pre-written letter for students who are visiting other schools or teachers from S.A.Y. Yes! Center for Youth Development.
- Tutoring Guidelines. Informative guidelines and expectations for tutors from the S.A.Y. Yes! Center for Youth Development.
- Tutoring Job Description. Job Description for tutors and information on the location of the Orientation for tutors from the Homework House.
- Employee Handbook. A handbook for employees from Bresee Foundation Community Center.
- After School Instructor Agenda. The agenda for after school instructors from the Pui Tak Christian School.
- Field Trip Planning Form. A document to inform the procedure on how to plan field trips, a form to plan the educational field trip, a bus and site reservation field trip form, and a field trip checklist form from the Pui Tak Christian School.
- Planning a Field Trip Guidelines. The guidelines to planning an educational field trip from the Pui Tak Christian School.
- Questions to Determine Problem Behavior. Figuring out what behavior of volunteers is acceptable and isn't can be difficult sometimes but using this informative text, you'll receive solutions for handling problem volunteers from FASTEN.
- Intern Guide. The intern guide book from Harambee.
- Intern Handbook. The intern handbook PowerPoint presentation from Harambee.
- Replicable Project Manuel. A document on basic information that should be known for current and future volunteers.
- Group Information Sheet. An information form from the Central City Community Outreach.
- Replicable Project PowerPoint. A PowerPoint presentation on the replicable project which is basic information on things volunteering related.
- Afterschool Program Manual. An afterschool manual from Door of Hope Pasadena After-School Program.
- Tutor Manual Cover. The cover for the tutor manual cover.
- Volunteer Orientation. Volunteer Orientation from the Peace Corner Youth Center.
- Pre-Arrival Packet. A packet of what you need to bring and what's expected before you arrive from the New Life Centers.
- Document Checklist. A checklist of documents volunteers must submit from STARS.
- STARS Manual. Manual for STARS volunteers/ workers.
- Volunteer Management Manual. A manual on how to effectively manage volunteers.
- Volunteer Release Form. A medical and liability release form for volunteers.
- Volunteer Welcome Letter. A welcome letter and schedule for volunteers from The New Life Centers.
- Unanimous Mentor Program Manual. A manual on mentoring from Center For Responsibility and Justice.
- Mentor Guide. A short guide on what's a mentor and what's expected.
- Mentoring Program Info and Forms. Forms for mentoring and information on what it is to be a mentor.
- Mentoring Program Initial 6 Week Curriculum. 6 weeks worth of curriculum for mentors.
- Mentoring Program Resourse Folder. A folder of resources for mentors.
Mentor Meeting Expectations Survey. A form on whether or not a mentor met expectations and was a successful mentor from Kidsworks.
- Mentor Satisfaction Survey. A survey of whether or not a mentor was successful and satisfying from the Kidsworks.
- PCYC Survey. A survey for the Peace Corner Youth Center.
- Volunteer Community Survey. A survey from the Central Community City Outreach.
- Mentor Expectations. A document on the expectations for staff from the S.A.Y. Yes! Center for Youth Development.
- Mentor Jobs/ Roles. A list of jobs or roles a mentor might play from S.A.Y. Yes! Center for Youth Development.
- Volunteer Tutors and Mentors. The expectations of a volunteer tutor of mentor from Homework House.
- Mentor Assessment Sheet. A mentor assessment summary form from Kidsworks.
- Mentoring Handbook. A handbook document for mentors from the Kidsworks.
- Form. A form for interviewing a mentor from the Kidsworks.
- Mentors Steps to College. Steps to college for volunteer youth mentors from the Kidsworks.
- Strengthen Your Tutoring Program Toolkit: Toolkit that supplies resources for tutoring.
- Mentor Workshop. A workshop on mentoring and discussion ideas.
- Academic Planning. A planner for mentors to make acadmeic plans for students.
- Course Goals. A worksheet on course goals for mentors.
- Course Information. Information on past courses and previous courses and a schedule.
- Closing Year Student Progress. A worksheet on the student's progress at the end of the year.
- Heart Evaluation. A heart evaluation of students worksheet from S.A.Y. Yes!
- Intercessory Prayer Guide. A prayer guide for mentors to pray over students.
- Weekly Planning Guide. A guide for lesson planning weekly from S.A.Y. Yes!
- Youth Mentoring Information. Information on mentoring for youth.
- The 12 Basic Needs of Every Volunteer. Volunteers and volunteer leaders are most likely to succeed and to stay on target if 12 basic needs are met. Use this checklist to determine whether your organization’s volunteers are fully equipped for their work.
- Promising Practices for Volunteer Management. Encourage and aid your volunteer team to succeed at their given tasks by adopting these 12 sound volunteer management practices.
- Training Materials References. Material references for volunteers from the Greater Boston Chinese Community Center.
- Volunteer Training Document. The policies for volunteers during volunteer training sessions from the Greater Boston Chinese Community Center.
- Three Steps to Correcting Actions of Problem Volunteers. Handling problem volunteers isn't easy but help correct their actions by using these three steps.
- Developmental Assets Project Ideas. Project ideas for Developmental Assets.
- Developmental Assets Activity Ideas. Activity Ideas for the Developmental Asset of Empowerment.
- Youth Workers Schedule. Schedule for youth volunteers.
- Boundaries and Expectations Activity Ideas. Activity ideas for the developmental assets of boundaries and expectations.
- Support Newsletter. A letter activity ideas to volunteers.
- Game Ideas. Teambuilding and sharing games.
- Volunteer Handbook. The handbook for volunteering from New Life Centers.
Volunteering Handbook/ Policies
- Youth Volunteer Handbook. A handbook for volunteering youth from the Nettie Bailey Student Achievement Program.
- Volunteer Contract. A volunteer contract of agreement from the Greater Boston Chinese Community Center.
- Basic Guidelines for Leading Volunteers. A list of guidelines for leading volunteers to follow from the Greater Boston Chinese Community Center.
- Expectations Guidelines for Volunteers. A list of expectations set out for volunteers from the Greater Boston Chinese Community Center.
- Volunteer Handbook - Kidsworks. A handbook for volunteers to read on expectations and the basics.
- Volunteer Handbook - New Life Centers of Chicagoland. A volunteer handbook on what is the mission and vision of the church and the expectations and guidelines for volunteers.
- Effective Volunteer Management Handbook. A manual on how to manage volunteers effectively and make the best of experience for all involved.
- Volunteer Interns. Items to bring for volunteer interns.
- Position Descriptions. A description for the positions available to volunteers.
- Sample Volunteer Application/Questionnaire. A sample application questionnaire for volunteers.
- Sample Job Description Worksheet. A sample of a job description sheet.
- Volunteer Feedback Form. A report and evaluation form for volunteers.
- Volunteer Application Form. An application form for volunteers from S.A.Y. Yes! Center for Youth Development.
- Volunteer Application - Homework House. The application to be filled out by people interested in being volunteers from the Homework House.
- Volunteer Application - General City Community Outreach. A volunteer application to be filled out.
- Volunteer Application - Central City Comunity Outreach volunteer application.
- Volunteer Registration. A form for registering as a volunteer.
- Volunteer Applicants Sheet. A list of volunteer applicants.
- Teen Application. A volunteer application for teenagers.
- Survey For Students. A survey to be filled out on the experience they had from the Homework House.
- Survey for Teachers. A survey to be filled out by teachers on their students from the Homework House.
- Surveys for Tutors. A survey to be filled out by tutors on their experience working with the students and if they would do it again from the Homework House.
- Surveys for Parents in Spanish. A survey in Spanish for parents on how the experience was for their own children from the Homework House.
- Youth Experience Survey. A survey for the youth based on current or recent involvement from the Homework House.
- After School Enrichment Survey. A suggestion survey on which activities for the after school program would be desired to participate in from the Pui Tak Christian School.
Need more help managing your volunteer program? These recommended resources will help you find the information you’re looking for.
- Handling Problem Volunteers, by Steve McCurley and Sue Vineyard
- How to Mobilize Church Volunteers, by Marlene Wilson
- The Volunteer Recruitment (and Membership Development) Book, by Susan J. Ellis
- Volunteers, How to Get Them, How to Keep Them: An Essential Guide for Volunteer Leaders and Staff of Professional, Trade and Charitable Organizations, by Helen Little
- Volunteer Resources. A directory of resources for volunteer opportunity search.
Learn How to Serve
Discover Your Calling