This course provides a toolkit for those working in cross-cultural environments. Topics include: cultural intelligence, ethnic identity, social class, cultural dimensions, indigenous leadership development, organizational culture and organizational cross-cultural assessment and strategic planning. The course centers around a final project where you will develop: 1) a personal cross-cultural leadership growth plan, 2) a cross-cultural organizational assessment, and 3) a cross-cultural strategic plan for your organization.
Available to undergraduates with 30+ credits and a 3.0+ GPA.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Describe culture, cultural intelligence and principles of cross-cultural ministry.
- Describe your own cultural journey in terms of ethnic identity development and social class.
- Assess the cultural dimensions of yourself, your organization and your clients to develop strategies to serve as a bridge-builder.
- Develop a personal cross-cultural assessment and leadership growth plan.
- Assess your organization’s culture and your cultural management profile using the Competing Values Framework.
- Conduct demographic analysis of your organization’s outcomes and stakeholders.
- Develop a comprehensive cross-cultural assessment and strategic plan for your organization.
Course Materials & Tuition
|Livermore, D. (2022). Leading with cultural intelligence: The real secret to success (2nd ed.). New York: AMACOM. 272 pages.(ISBN: 978-0814449172)|
|Total Cost of Course||