Provides a complete road map for assessing, diagnosing, and treating alcohol use disorders. Topics include recognizing alcohol problems in clients, understanding the critical concepts of the treatment of alcohol use disorders, the 12-step approach, relapse prevention, and recognizing primary or secondary psychiatric disorders in clients who are chemically dependent.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Review the three stages (or zones) of the Recovery Zone System.
- Explore the contemporary discussion around the role of peer support groups in treatment of substance use disorders.
- Review the addiction process, including predictable behaviors, cycles and stages.
- Recognize the lifestyle changes and breakdown that happens through the stages of addiction.
- Review the seven toxic compulsions and what addiction looks like.
- Understand codependency and how it plays into substance use disorders.
- Relate how various therapeutic interventions will assist clients with goals and objectives.
Course Materials & Tuition
|Mooney, Al J., M.D.; Dold, Catherine; Eisenberg, Howard; and Haroutunian, Harry, M.D. (2014). The Recovery Book: Answers to All Your Questions About Addiction and Alcoholism and Finding Health and Happiness in Sobriety, Workman Publishing Company; Revised edition (September 9, 2014). ISBN: 978-0761176114||$15.44|
|Kennedy Lawford, Christopher (2014).Recover to Live: Kick Any Habit, Manage Any Addiction: Your Self-Treatment Guide to Alcohol, Drugs, Eating Disorders, Gambling, Hoarding, Smoking, Sex and Porn(Reprint edition). BenBella Books; January 7, 2014. ISBN-13: 978-1939529886||$14.26|
|Nakken, Craig (1996). The Addictive Personality: Understanding the Addictive Process and Compulsive Behavior (2nd Revised ed. edition). Hazelden Publishing; September 18, 1996. ISBN-13: 978-1568381299||$11.99|
|Total Cost of Course||$841.69|