This course introduces students to the main historical events and characters of the Old Testament, focusing on how the story of the Old Testament reaches its fulfillment in Jesus Christ. Students will apply their learning by writing an in-depth exegesis (Bible interpretation) paper on an Old Testament passage.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Outline the overall chronology of events in the Old Testament.
- Explain how the events in the OT prepare the way for the coming of Christ, making use of the ideas of progressive revelation, the covenant and promise-fulfillment.
- Apply principles of typology to show how the people, events, laws, and institutions of the OT reveal Christ.
- Describe the basic characteristics of OT prophecy, particularly as it focuses on the coming of Christ and the gathering in of the Gentiles into God’s Kingdom.
- Interpret a specific passage of the Old Testament using well-accepted practices of exegesis.
- Reflect on Scriptural passages in a life-transforming way using the ancient method of lectio divina.
Course Materials & Tuition
|Old Testament Witness to Christ and His Kingdom. Don L. Davis. 290 pages. ASIN: B007I7GM46||$9.99|
|Knowing Jesus Through the Old Testament, Christopher J. H. Wright. 256 pages. ISBN-10: 083082359X||$9.99|
|A Popular Survey of the Old Testament, Norman L. Geisler. 299 pages. ISBN-10: 0801036844||$9.99|
|Total Cost of Course||$829.97|