Technology in Missions
What is Mission Information Technology (IT)?
It is the use of Information Technology in Christian Missions. Because Missions are located all over the globe there are some peculiar problems associated with computers and information systems and technology.
- Computers are subject to extremes of heat, cold, humidity and dust.
- Internet access may not be available or reliable.
- In some countries security is literally a matter of life or death.
- Computers may be cheap in some countries, but Windows operating system prices remain high and so legal copies may be out of the price range of some local people.
- Shortage of staff means that people with little or no skill are left to support systems themselves.
- Due to shortage of money cheaper software products are preferable to standard, but expensive ones.
Original page: http://www.missiontech.info/wiki/Main_Page
from the MissionTech Wiki created by the International Conference on Computers and Missions