This course will introduce students to the biblical and theological basis for a Christian theology of technology and to the concepts essential to the reflective life and practice of the Christian technologist.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Apply a biblical and theological view of technology to ministry situations.
- Clearly evaluate, articulate and address the ethical dilemmas involved in the use of technology.
- Understand and articulate their unique identities as technologists and the unique role played by technologists in the Body of Christ
- Demonstrate a grasp of the biblical history of technology and how it shapes both human consciousness and social and cultural practices including both true and false worship, idolatry and true spiritual imagination.
- Communicate a clear vision for the use of technology in areas such as the development of Christian character, spiritual values and service to the urban poor.
Course Materials & Tuition
|Dyer, John. From the Garden to the City: The Redeeming and Corrupting Power of Technology, Kregel Publications, 2011||$11.74|
|Challies, Tim. The Next Story: Life and Faith after the Digital Explosion. (Kindle Edition)||$9.78|
|Total Cost of Course||$821.52|