This provides an overview of nonprofit executive leadership including organizational strategy, the role of the executive leadership/team, community building, organizational systems and running effective meetings. The course also focuses on nonprofit board development and centers around a final project where the student creates a Nonprofit Board Manual that includes Board Member Orientation, Expectations, Board Policies and Organizational Background.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Develop an executive leadership training guide for potential executive leaders in your organization covering organizational strategy, role of executive leadership/team, community building, organizational systems and running effective meetings.
- Provide recommendations based on a Christian model for board leadership based on the unique needs of faith-based organizations.
- Write an executive summary of important aspects of executive leadership and running nonprofit and ministry boards.
- Evaluate an organization and board based on governance best practices and provide recommendations.
- Create a Nonprofit Board Manual that includes Board Member Orientation, Expectations, Board Policies and Organizational Background.
Course Materials & Tuition
|BoardSource, Nonprofit Board Answer Book, 3rd edition. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass, 2011. ISBN: 11180961184||$24.21 (Kindle version)|
|Pearson, J., & Buford, B. (2011). Mastering the Management Buckets: 20 Critical Competencies for Leading Your Business or Non-Profit. Baker Books. ISBN: 0801018145.||$12.99 (Kindle version)|
|Total Cost of Course||$837.20|
This class requires working with a nonprofit organization, ministry or NGO where the student will need to interview the Executive Director to collect extensive information to put into a New Board Member Manual.