This provides an overview of nonprofit executive leadership including organizational strategy, the role of the executive leadership/team, community building, organizational systems and running effective meetings. The course also focuses on nonprofit board development and centers around a final project where the student creates a Nonprofit Board Manual that includes Board Member Orientation, Expectations, Board Policies and Organizational Background.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Develop an executive leadership training guide for potential executive leaders in your organization covering organizational strategy, role of executive leadership/team, community building, organizational systems and running effective meetings.
- Provide recommendations based on a Christian model for board leadership based on the unique needs of faith-based organizations.
- Write an executive summary of important aspects of executive leadership and running nonprofit and ministry boards.
- Evaluate an organization and board based on governance best practices and provide recommendations.
- Create a Nonprofit Board Manual that includes Board Member Orientation, Expectations, Board Policies and Organizational Background.
Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) Certification Credit
This course has been approved to count as 45 continuing education credits for Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) Certification.
Course Materials & Tuition
|BoardSource, Nonprofit Board Answer Book, 3rd edition. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass, 2011. ISBN: 11180961184||$24.21 (Kindle version)|
|Pearson, J., & Buford, B. (2011). Mastering the Management Buckets: 20 Critical Competencies for Leading Your Business or Non-Profit. Baker Books. ISBN: 0801018145.||$12.99 (Kindle version)|
|Total Cost of Course||$837.20|
This class requires working with a nonprofit organization, ministry or NGO where the student will need to interview the Executive Director to collect extensive information to put into a New Board Member Manual.