Other Forms of Financial Aid

Apart from Federal Student Aid (Pell Grants), City Vision also offers the following forms of financial aid.

Contact Traci Hedlund, Director of Financial Aid, at (816) 960-2008 x108 or financialaid@cityvision.edu, if you have questions about how to receive these.

Qualified veterans and their dependents may receive educational benefits from the VA while attending City Vision University.  To apply, contact the VA toll free at 1-888-GIBILL1 or apply online.

To get an estimate of your projected VA benefit amount, you may use this tool. Put the school name in as “City Vision College.”

You will need your Certificate of Eligibility letter to receive VA education benefits. If you do not have this, read our instructions on how to receive VA education benefits.

These benefits are administered by the US Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), not the US Department of Education, which administers Pell grants.

City Vision is approved to receive Department of Defense (DoD) Tuition Assistance.

To find out the steps to use Department of Defense (DoD) Tuition Assistance to pay for attending City Vision, email financialaid@cityvision.edu.

City Vision offers various institutional scholarships to qualified individuals.

WIOA (formerly WIA) is the nation’s principal workforce development program providing funds to address the employment and training needs of dislocated workers, low-income adults and youth. The funding for WIOA comes from the Federal Department of Labor. WIOA provides support to participants to increase their education, training, employment, job retention. The ultimate goal is to improve the quality of the workforce, reduce dependency, and enhance the productivity and competitiveness of the nation. City Vision is an approved WIOA provider in Missouri and through reciprocity: Idaho, Montana, Washington, South Dakota, Arkansas, Tennessee, Arizona, Utah and Illinois. To learn more:

  1. See if you meet either the Displaced Worker or Income Eligibility requirements.
  2. Find and visit a local One Stop Career Center to apply for educational funding
  3. Tell your Workforce counselor that you would like to apply for educational funding with City Vision University.
  4. Work with your Workforce counselor and City Vision’s financial aid office at (816) 708-0797 or financialaid@cityvision.edu.

For Students in Texas

City Vision is able to work with students with funding from the Texas Workforce Commission. City Vision is not regulated in Texas under Chapter 132 of the Texas Education Code. City Vision University is certified to operate as a provider of post-secondary education by the Missouri Department of Higher Education and Workforce Development. City Vision’s headquarters is at: 1100 E 11th Street, Kansas City, MO 64106. You can find detailed information on how to file any complaints about City Vision in our student complaint process here.

City Vision University is a qualified institution for vocational rehabilitation in many states. Our admissions staff can work with your vocational counselor to have City Vision approved as a vendor in your state if we are not yet in their system. Contact your local agency for more information.

AmeriCorps Members who choose to take the education award can see instructions on how to use it to pay for City Vision University classes.

In certain circumstances, students may arrange a payment plan with the business office.  Normally, this involves paying half of tuition at the beginning of the term, then paying the second half in the middle of the term. Contact the university for more information.

A Pell-eligible student whose parent or guardian died in the line of duty while acting as a public safety officer is eligible to receive a maximum Pell Grant for the award year for which the determination of eligibility is made.

To qualify for this scholarship, a student must be Pell-eligible and have a Pell-eligible EFC for the aid year, and be less than 24 years of age or enrolled at an institution of higher education at the time of his or her parent’s or guardian’s death.

If you qualify for a Pell grant and believe you meet the other criteria for this scholarship, please let our Financial Aid Office know.

A student may be eligible for the federal Iraq and Afghanistan Service Grant if he or she is:

  • Not eligible for a Pell Grant based on their EFC (i.e. they / their parents’ income is too high) but
  • Meets the remaining Pell Grant eligibility requirements and
  • A parent or guardian was a member of the US armed forces and died while serving overseas in Iraq or Afghanistan after 9/11/01 and
  • Under 24 years old or enrolled in college at least part-time when the parent or guardian died.

Eligibility for this grant is determined using the FAFSA. The amount per year is equal to the maximum Pell grant for that award year. Individuals are eligible for up to 12 semesters in total.

 Students may apply for private student loans from various providers, but City Vision strongly encourages students to avoid incurring student loan debt, unless absolutely necessary. See this page for more on private loans. Both undergraduate and graduate students are eligible for private student loans.

You may search for third-party scholarships to which you could apply by going to the Department of Labor’s scholarship site.