This course covers traditional Christian leadership development theory as well as providing a survey of theories on leadership. The first part of the course focuses on life reflection within a Christian context in order to develop a philosophy of ministry. The last part of this course focuses on how to lead effectively in organizations serving in diverse and under-resourced communities and to develop strategies to improve the representation of women and people of color in leadership.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Reflect on your leadership journey according to traditional Christian leadership development theory.
- Create a philosophy of ministry and leadership integrating personal experience with key concepts from this course.
- Construct a leadership toolkit for new supervisors in an organization by applying leadership theories.
- Develop a plan for expanding your own cross-cultural leadership ability.
- Use systems thinking to develop a plan that includes personal, physical, cultural and organizational aspects of your own leadership development.
- Design a plan for an organization to increase the representation of women and people of color in leadership.
Course Materials & Tuition
|Clinton, R. (2012). The Making of a Leader, Second Edition: Recognizing the Lessons and Stages of Leadership Development (Rev Upd edition). NavPress. ISBN: 1612910750||$10.99|
|Daft, R. L. (2017). The Leadership Experience (7 edition). Cengage Learning. ISBN: 133710227X||$23.48|
|Student-Selected Book||$20.00 (estimated)|
|Total Cost of Course||$853.47|