This course will teach you how to build healthy organizations and teams using principles of the Competing Values Framework and Organizational Behavior. Topics covered in the course include: group/team dynamics, organizational culture, organizational design/structure, motivation, burnout and leadership.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Develop a personal leadership development plan based on the results of a workplace behavior profile (week 2).
- Apply the Competing Values Framework to yourself individually, your department and your organization to make recommendations (week 4).
- Develop a manager’s guide to developing healthy and effective teams (week 5).
- Apply the major theories of organizational behavior into a manager’s guide for organizational behavior for your organization (week 7).
- Create a plan for organizational cultural change to improve organizational health based on the competing values framework and principles of organizational behavior (week 8).
Available to undergraduates with 90+ credits and a 3.0+ GPA.
Course Materials & Tuition
|Cameron, K. S., Quinn, R. E., DeGraff, J., & Thakor, A. V. Competing values leadership: Creating value in organizations (2nd edition.). Northampton, MA: Edward Elgar. (2014). 208 pages. ISBN #9781783477104||$29.37|
|Griffin, R. W., Phillips, J. M., & Gully, S. M. Organizational Behavior: Managing People and Organizations (12th edition.). Boston, MA: Cengage. (2017). 608 pages. ISBN: 9781305501393||$14.99|
|Total Cost of Course||$794.36|