This course presents theology as a unified narrative: the story of a sovereign God redeeming a people for Himself through Christ’s victory over Satan, sin, and death, and restoring creation to the shalom (wholeness and peace) of the Kingdom of God.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Articulate the doctrine of divine sovereignty.
- Understand the nature and effects of the Fall.
- Describe and narrate God worked out His Kingdom’s inauguration through the promise to Abraham and the history of His dealings with Israel, His covenant people.
- Articulate how Jesus of Nazareth represents in the world the Kingdom’s presence through His incarnation, death, resurrection, and ascension.
- Understand how the Church carries out God’s Kingdom purpose within the world.
- Understand and apply the Biblical teachings on eschatology and the Biblical conception of death to how Christians are to live today.
Course Materials & Tuition
|Davis, D. The Kingdom of God. Wichita, KS: TUMI/World Impact, 2005. 295pp. ISBN: 978-1-62932-002-1.||$10.00 (Kindle)|
|Ladd, G.E. The Gospel of the Kingdom: Scriptural Studies in the Kingdom of God.Grand Rapids, MI: Wm. B. Eerdmanns, 1959. ISBN: 978-0-80281-280-3||$11.25|
|Snyder, H. Kingdom, Church, and World: Biblical Themes for Today. Grand Rapids, MI: Zondervan, 2003. ISBN: 978-0-31024-604-6||$20.00|
|Total Cost of Course, including Books (at Full Price)||$791.25|