This course will teach you how to build healthy organizations and teams using principles of the Competing Values Framework and Organizational Behavior. Topics covered in the course include: group/team dynamics, organizational culture, organizational design/structure, motivation, burnout and leadership.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Develop a personal leadership development plan based on the results of a workplace behavior profile (week 2).
- Apply the Competing Values Framework to yourself individually, your department and your organization to make recommendations (week 4).
- Develop a manager’s guide to developing healthy and effective teams (week 5).
- Apply the major theories of organizational behavior into a manager’s guide for organizational behavior for your organization (week 7).
- Create a plan for organizational cultural change to improve organizational health based on the competing values framework and principles of organizational behavior (week 8).
This is an undergraduate section of an MBA course. Available to undergraduates with 90+ credits and a 3.0+ GPA.
Course Materials & Tuition
|Cameron, K. S., Quinn, R. E., DeGraff, J., & Thakor, A. V. Competing values leadership: Creating value in organizations (2nd edition.). Northampton, MA: Edward Elgar. (2014). 208 pages. ISBN #9781783477104||$29.37|
|Griffin, R. W., Phillips, J. M., & Gully, S. M. Organizational Behavior: Managing People and Organizations (12th edition.). Boston, MA: Cengage. (2017). 608 pages. ISBN: 9781305501393||$14.99|
|Total Cost of Course||$794.36|