This course will teach students how to be an effective first-time manager if they have not yet served as a manager. It will also help students who have served in management improve their management skills. Management topics include duties of management, working with people, staff supervision and process, and improving yourself as a manager. In this course, students will also take a leadership assessment based on the DiSC personality profile and identify specific domains to develop within eight leadership dimensions. Students will also learn unique approaches to Christian management and leadership.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Reflect on principles of management and leadership and apply into your context.
- Reflect on what is unique about a Christian approach to management and leadership including servant leadership and cross-cultural leadership.
- Develop a best practices training guide for employees that transition to first time managers.
- Create a leadership development plan across eight leadership dimensions relating to your DiSC personality profile.
- Interview existing managers to identify key practical factors needed to prepare as a manager and leader.
- Write a comprehensive management skills development plan for yourself as a manager.
- Synthesize all learning from this course into a management and leadership philosophy and action plan.
Course Materials & Tuition
|Maxwell, J. C. (2022). The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership: Follow Them and People Will Follow You (25th Anniversary edition). HarperCollins Leadership.||$14.99|
|McCormick, J. (2021). The First-Time Manager (7th edition). HarperCollins Leadership.||$15.99|
|Total Cost of Course||$832.98|