This course provides an overview of the principles and practices of retail management. It covers the management of retail operations, customer service, inventory management, merchandising, and sales management.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Analyze the structure and components of the retail industry, including trends, challenges, and opportunities.
- Develop and implement effective retail strategies, including market research, product selection, pricing, promotion, and distribution.
- Demonstrate effective leadership skills in managing retail operations, including hiring, training, supervision, and performance evaluation of employees.
- Apply principles of customer service and relationship management to build customer loyalty and satisfaction.
- Utilize inventory management techniques, including forecasting, ordering, and control.
- Evaluate the financial performance of retail operations using key performance indicators, financial statements, and budgeting techniques.
- Understand and apply technology and data analytics in retail management, including point-of-sale systems, e-commerce platforms, and customer relationship management software.
- Develop effective visual merchandising and store layout strategies to enhance the customer experience and increase sales.
- Apply ethical and legal principles in retail management, including consumer protection laws, employment laws, and environmental regulations.
- Demonstrate effective communication and teamwork skills in working with colleagues, suppliers, and customers in a retail environment.
Course Materials & Tuition
|Levy, M., Weitz, B., & Grewal, D. (2022). Retailing Management 11th Edition (11th edition). McGraw Hill.
The Connect Access Card must be purchased for this course. You will need a valid access code to complete many of the assignments.
|Total Cost of Course||$898.98|