Course 305 - Human Resources
Course 305 - Human Resources (3 credits)
An exploration of staff development, the proper use of written job descriptions and performance standards, and professional practices regarding proper interviewing, hiring, evaluation and dismissal procedures.
This course counts toward credit as a Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE Certification).
Learning Objectives for this Course
- To enable the students to get to get acquainted with one another and to learn about each other's supervisory responsibilities at their own ministry.
- To make sure that all students have the proper materials on hand to complete the assignments of this course.
- To begin the exploration of the use of volunteers at your ministry.
- To begin the exploration of the hiring and interviewing process for staff members and volunteers at ministry.
- To introduce the student to the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and its impact on ministry hiring and employment practices.
- To continue the discussion of the hiring and interview process for staff members and volunteers at ministries.
- To introduce the student to the Job Analysis Interview Form and its use
- To help the student to understand some ways of keeping and motivating staff members
- To introduce the student to the importance of accurate job descriptions.
- To look at the performance appraisal process.
- To help the student to understand some ways to prevent burnout and motivate members of the ministry's staff.
- To introduce the student to the process of creating/updating an organization's Staff Policy Manual.
- To help the student understand some of the principles of maintaining good relationships with staff members.
- To acquaint the student with some legal and reporting requirements related to ministry employment.
- To further introduce the student to the process of creating/updating a ministry's Staff Policy Manual.
- To help the student understand some of the principles of the role of training and staff development.
- To help the student understand some of the principles of dealing with difficult staff members.
- To introduce the student to the process of terminating an employee in an appropriate and legal manner.
- To continue the discussion of dealing with difficult staff members.
- To include a final word about employee motivation.
- To wrap up the course and prepare students for the final examination.
- To take a final look at human resource issues that ministry will face in the future.
Course Materials & Tuition
|Staff Screening Tool Kit||available as PDF in the course|
|Supervising Difficult Employees||available as PDF in the course|
|The Employer's Legal Handbook (11th edition)||$40.00|
Total Cost of Course
- Ministry Director - hiring, staff requirements, Women's Auxiliary, training opportunities
- Personnel Manager - personnel policies, performance appraisal, staff training, budget for staff training
- Women's Auxiliary President - description and responsibilities of the Auxiliary
- Other staff - job descriptions and responsibilities
- Employee Policies Handbook
- Job Description Handbook
- Development and Training Policies
- Performance Evaluation forms
- Contact us for more information.
Before paying for the course using the "Add to Cart" process you must be an enrolled student with City Vision College and have read the "Cancellations and Settlements" form. For Admission and Enrollment procedures please visit our "Enroll Now" page.