This course is designed as a holistic, Christ-centered introduction to a basic recognition, understanding, and responsibility with clients who experience sexual addiction and its related issues of sexual abuse and sexual offending.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Articulate historic and holistic Christian viewpoints of sexual addiction.
- Define Sexual Addiction including the Cycle of Sexual Addiction, related statistics, false beliefs and progression
- Identify the building block behaviors and types of sexual addiction.
- List the characteristics, roles, and rules of a dysfunctional family system.
- Explain how to detect, describe, implement care, and/or refer to treatment and recovery support options for the individual with a sexual addiction and their families when appropriate.
- Select, implement and summarize findings from the sexual addiction screening and assessment instruments into a narrative format.
Course Materials & Tuition:
|Patrick Carnes, David L. Delmonico, Elizabeth Griffin. In the Shadows of the Net, Hazelden, 2007. ISBN: 978-1592854783.||$12.99|
|Mark Laaser. Healing the Wounds of Sexual Addiction, Zondervan, 2004. ISBN: 978-0310256571.||$12.99|
|Total Cost of Course:||$775.98|